My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

air fryer.jpg

Air fryer to make the most delicious dishes with...;) Of course in sophisticated white.:D

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I ordered my meds. Delivered yesterday.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've ordered some little pocket sized spray containers , some 99% rubbing alcohol and some aloe vera gel, which is all due to arrive today... so I can make my own sanitising hand gel.. there's a complete shortage in the UK of alcohol based hand gel and none to be had on Amazon either so I'm going to make my own...

anyone else want to make their own.. its' 1/3rd aloe vera gel... and 2/3rds 99% Isopropanol ( rubbing alcohol)

Stir or whisk together and pour into a new or sterilised container/containers...

Ensure the total mix is at least 66 % alcohol based because the corona virus is immune to anything less..

Incidentally if you're going to make it at home ensure you have windows wide open the ruubbing alcohol has a very powerful smell

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Von Jones and Lois Winters like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Two plastic outdoor window shutters. They are 55" long. From a new place. Always scares me to try new places, but I wanted cheap, to match what's there already. :p Hope I can install them. :(

upload_2020-4-22_19-47-32.png

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Be careful climbing around to install them, Nancy. I like them though.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

A case of N95 masks, for the next virus that'll be coming around in the next few years. Yeah, if healthcare workers need them, so does everyone else. Makes zero sense to wear anything less.

Let's see: Oh, OK, I'll just wear those cloth masks that look stylish and block almost NOTHING, so I can become a patient for those wearing proper PPE.

Before anyone mouths off, here: I worked in a profession where I wore PPE most of my working hours. N95 mask, gloves, eye protection, face shield. Never got sick from clients, as far as I know.

Those pleated cloth masks, solo, are a joke, btw. I did a UV light transmission test on them, compared to a simple pleated surgical mask, and an N95: About 75-80% light transmission (subjective estimate) with pleated cloth, about 10% with a pleated surgical mask, spread open, and 0% with an N95. At least, wear a surgical mask under your cloth mask.

Cv19 is about 1.25 microns in diameter. It'll go right through the pores in those pleated cloth masks, no problem. Don't rely on them, in crowds. You may be sorry, and sick!

9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's all fine, but what's a PPE?... Post Partem Embolism?
    Hal

10. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Personal Protection Equipment.

Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Since the post was about wearing a protective face mask, it is pretty unlikely to assume that TG was referring to anything to do with childbirth, Hal........ just sayin’.

12. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Don't laugh. I bought 2 steel swing braces & hardware to build a wooden swing set. Cost only about $37.
    It comes with plans and instructions, along with all screws and bolts. All I need to do is get the lumber, and I almost have enough left over from some remodeling done already.

This is because I'm tired of sitting at home with no projects to do, and nowhere to go. After I get the swing set, I will build my own 6' wooden swing to hang on it.
    I also downloaded the plans for that which are simple to follow using 2 by 4's and some 1 by 6 slats. So then I can sit in the yard and read my books, and it will be long enough to lie down if I get sleepy.

I have been sitting on my deck, but I need a little change, so this will do it, and it will give me something to do to take my mind off all this virus stuff.
    I hope I will be successful, because I've never tried to do anything like this before. It's not always true that an old dog cannot learn new tricks, is it?

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Heck, Yvonne...I was only bein' facetious!;)
    You know me...I enjoy takin' things outta context!:D
    Howl

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Vitamins- men's socks and underwear.
    Due in tomorrow.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Yesterday, we went to Walgreens because they had canned salmon on sale, and I wanted to get some. I noticed that they had a few rolls of TP, but then I looked at the price , it was over $6 for the little package of 4 rolls. That might have even been the 2-roll package, because I remember seeing some marked over $9, too.
    Amazon still shows everything as out of stock, and they do not know when it will be available, except for the large rolls that are for stores and business places that use that large roll.
    The regular rolls were almost $100 for a package of about 48 rolls, which seems crazy to me, too. I am still okay, but going to check the dollar store next time we go there. Since it now takes anywhere from a week to a month to get an order from Amazon, I wanted to order early.

E14BF6D2-E448-41FC-8166-4F9B73C7E937.jpeg