My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Hope it works for both of us but it may take a while.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have a pair that has laces, but you were supposed to be able to slip them on without untying and tying the laces, but that part doesn't work very well.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered 2x 8x 10 inch pieces of cork fabric 11 weeks ago on bay, still haven’t received it so I cancelled the order yesterday to get a refund .

Also ordered a extra charger for my Apple Watch which seller claimed would be sent from Paralowie which is a northern suburb of Adelaide ..1.5 hours drive from me .

It turned up yesterday ( according to my neighbours) cause I’m away ….from China 10 weeks after ordering
    with postage for me to pay :mad::( …Nah no way it was stated free postage on eBay listing.

I’ve given up buying stuff on eBay …..it’s become a buyer beware site IMO ,:mad::( I do read reviews before ordering anything and I’ve seen lots of complaints ( red dot feedback ) about buyers having to pay for postage …..or pay extra to what was quoted on listing

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Six 22.5" motorhome tires from motorhometires.com. :D:D A local mobile tire installer will be putting them on next week at the storage facility where we store the RV. For whatever reason we didn't pay sales tax so woohoo.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Mostly parts for rebuilding motor in hubbys little truck. valves came in yesterday last week seals, pistons,rings and bearings he put in last month.Anyway he has totally rebuilt this1986 Pathfinder we found on Vraieg List a few years ago for $600, what a piece of work literally. Bought all new tires, and assembly, Carberater,total tune up,In other words made a truck out of a skeleton of one.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw a woman on Youtube using one of these so naturally I had to have one. A "food flipper and meat hook." :eek:

upload_2022-8-13_15-21-47.png

And I finally wore out my garlic press so I decided to try a different style. a "garlic press crusher/rocker." :cool: I shall "rock the garlic." :D

upload_2022-8-13_15-22-8.png

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I was walking down a main aisle of Fleet Farm and saw a sale sign on the deck stain. 50% off! But the price for a GALLON was $74! I went to Amazon and the range of prices is head spinning. I need from 4-6 gallons for my deck and the farm deck. So I got them from Amazon. $30. They didn't even have the kind I have always liked any more. I like an oil based stain. But I fear that acrylic does not go on previous oil paint. Will see.
    Free shipping, at least.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

A new quilt cover for the spare room bed ,the bed is a queen size and it only has a queen size quilt on it and each time I walk past and look in that room I can see the side of the mattress ,so I’ve already got a king size quilt
    but didn’t have a cover to fit it …haven’t got it yet only ordered it online a couple of days ago

21762045-F50B-495B-817C-E164FF708FA6.jpeg

Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

More car parts came in yesterday, head gaskets, intake casket, 10 qts, oil. Waiting on the head for the old money pit. Well at least its paid for hope we live to use it.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I just today got a quote on fixing the stuff to get my truck past inspection: brake pads/rotors/drums all the way around, left tie rod end, serpentine belt & tensioner kit. Since they got it in there, I added on an oil change, the 100,000 mile differential & transaxle servicing, fixing a broken passenger side window mechanism, and will have them look at a parasitic battery draw I already had repaired some years ago but is back. But it's a 2005 with 135,000 miles on it and darned little maintenance done other than oil changes. I will not disclose the amount.

My car recently barely passed inspection: will need rear brakes and tires soon. And this is just when the price of tires has gone sky-high.

In the distant past I would have done at least some amount of that work myself. I got lazy when my brother (now deceased) opened up his own shop.

Sorry for the off-topic comment (but not sorry enough to not hit Post Reply)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

LOL, John it's kinda on topic, we did buy them online. My van serpentine belt keeps breaking so hubby is replacing another tension pully sheered bracket bolt.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Being in full-blown old guy mode, I went on Amazon and ordered some stuff to make having a catheter bag easier to deal with.

I posted details here in my ongoing thread.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hope this one works for you, looks like it should be ok, maybe the waist one will work better?

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

I think it depends on the fit and how it interferes with my regular clothes.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Just found out 5 minutes ago that the head for the 1986 Nissan hubby ordered from Auto Zone is out of stock! What in the HECK took them almost a month to tell us?:mad: Guess they wanted to hold onto the $500.00.:rolleyes:
    Now they say it will take 3 to 5 days to put money back on card! Now head is off engine is wide open. Meantime his hand is busted, arm hurts and back is hurting, and the van has its tension pulley off with a broke off bolt in the he had to drill out yesterday,
    Sometimes I feel like a motherless child. I'm trying not to have a nervous breakdown while I feed the chiggars.
    :eek: