My Own Worst Enemy.

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Ina I. Wonder, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I'm selling my home, I've been decluttering the place of over 25 years of stuff collected ove the the years. WOW!!! I didn't know we had accumulated so much. Since my new place will be a little over half the size of my current home, that means I'm loading a lot of large boxes for donating to shelters, a lot of it I'm giving away to people that I think can not afford it, but need it. Then there is the stuff I feel I need to keep, almostly things that carry tons of memories. Then there is the furniture, things from family members that came from as far back as 1820.
    So needles to say I've been busy. Well on 8/29, last Firday, I was working out in my garden for about three hours trying to get it ready to move my plants to a friend's until I can place every thing to my new place. When finished gardening I thought it might be time to go into the house to cool off. Well I enter the house and hit the cold temperature, and passed rights out, and hit the coffee table on the way down. I came to with little Izzy licking my face and whimper.

So now I have to reassure everyone over and over that is was my own stupidly, it's been five day since it happened, and this is what I look like today.

image.jpg

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh ouch! That doesn't look good at all. May we assume that your eye is okay, though?

3. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Yes I'm fine, I just feel rather stupid. I had to promise I friend that I would start telling others when I hurt myself. I admit, it does make one think a bit more about safety when you have to tell on your own stupidity.

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  4. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I did the same when I sold the apartment I had been living in for 17 years. It was a shock to find so much clutter that l did not need. I even found items that I had when I moved in and never used. I donated everything I did not need. Hundreds of books went to a humanitarian organization for fundraising and a lot of household items went to a charity that helps homeless people find a place to live.

Now I live in my new apartment clutter free and I intend to keep it that way.

I wish you all the best in your new home.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ina, I am sorry to hear of your fall. Glad you are OK. These things happen at any age, and telling on ourselves, doesn't count at snitching!;) De-cluttering is also a good idea, at any age. Please take care of yourself, so you can "live to fight another day"! Maybe you have a friend who can sit with you and help move stuff...the buddy system is a good one! Thinking of you and praying for you! Wear your sun glasses.:cool:
    [​IMG]

6. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my, ouch! Glad you are okay!

My daughter got elbowed in the eye awhile back and her eye looked like yours and then started changing dreadful colors. A friend recommended some coconut oil.

It seemed like magic, the skin around the eye started to heal at a much faster pace. I was so surprised!

7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Magalina Lilis, I have some clarified coconut oil, so I'll be trying it starting today. Thanks for the tip.

@Joe Riley, I know your right about letting others help. My young friend, Krystin, make me sit in a chair, and she is doing a lot of the packing and moving of things into my storage locker. She gives me you know what if she catches me picking up more than 10 pounds. I just find it very hard to let others do my work.

I'm leaving on my second trip ever, on 9/18/15. I'm taking a Krystin on a thank you trip. We are going to Colorado Spring, then to San Francisco, then on to Los Vegas, and then back to Colorado Spring, and finally back home.

@Ruth Belena, I too wonder where all this stuff has been hiding. It all seems to be creeping out of unknown crevices. Most of it was stuff my husband and son decreed important, and the people I have given it to seem to think so too. You know, all that man stuff that we really have no clue about.

What do ya'll think of my new hair do? It is a first for like so many other things this year.

image.jpg

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Ina, your hair looks beautiful ! I think that you and Krystin will have such a great time on your trip . Be sure to take some pictures with your phone as you go, so you can show us where you are at and how you are enjoying it.
    Moving is always a lot of stuff to go through and decide what to do with .
    After my mom amd dad died; I had to go through all of their stuff, and I had just broke my leg in a horseback riding accident; so I was on crutches and could barely walk, let alone pick anything up.

I hired a fellow from our church who was out of work, and he did all of the lifting of stuff. I sat in a kitchen chair and pointed my finger.
    We made a pile for the yard sale, a pile for me to keep or give to family. I rented one of those large garbage dumpsters, and stuff that was ruined went in there.
    I had an ongoing yardsale, and people got to stopping on their way home from work every day to see what new stuff I had found. Some of them even gave me "requests" , like "I need an iron if you find one" and things like that.
    It still took me most of the summer; but it did get the job done, and we all actually had a good time doing it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Your welcome, Ina. I really hope you are feeling better!

I must say, you have beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing your new hairstyle!

Have a great time on your trip! I must say, Colorado Springs holds a special place in my heart, as we lived there for five years. We are hoping to live back out there, someday! There is a perfect mix of low humidity along with plenty of sunshine! September sounds like a wonderful time to visit, closer to October could mean snow fall. Of course, beautiful to see, a bit of a mess to travel in...

I, too, hope you share some pictures!

Ina I. Wonder likes this.