My Own Pets

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Corie Henson, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me but this is my way of bragging. I just want to show off my dogs. Let's start with Barbie, a 3-year old pekingese who is very affectionate. She sleeps inside our bedroom and sometimes even comes up on the bed. But a bit stubborn, Barbie would always nag us to cuddle and caress her. She loves to be brushed on her back that we suspec is always itchy. Well, Barbie is one of my stress relievers and I would introduce the rest on my next post. IMG_3156 cory barbie SR RESIZED.jpg

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Awwwww! She's a sweetheart. :D

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Registered

May I introduce to you our pug who is 3 years old like Barbie. We call him Pipoy in honor of our previous dog named Epoy who is also brown although of another breed. Pipoy is a hyperactive dog that's why we keep him in a cage for his own good. But we walk him outside and regularly we let him loose in the garden. Pipoy is older than Barbie by 6 days only. He was given to us by our car mechanic while Barbie was given by our vet. Pipoy has a voracious appetite that he eats almost anything, including (cooked) squash, carrots and potatoes. What we like in Pipoy is his sense for intruders. When he barks that means there is someone in the gate.

Here is Pipoy... IMG_4135 pipoy RESIZED.jpg

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Registered

Please meet Tisoy, our oldest dog who is turning 8 on July 16. We would be going to a forest resort in the place called Subic Freeport, a former US naval base in the Philippines. Our dogs love to travel so instead of giving Tisoy a birthday party at home, we decided to just go on a brief vacation for his sake.

Tisoy is a mixed breed given to us by a friend. He suffered weak bones when he was a puppy so his front paws are kind of deformed. But he is okay. It's just that he couldn't walk that far otherwise he would be limping. Tisoy is very affectionate to us and he loves people. I believe that Tisoy will not bite.

In photo, Tisoy is the bigger white dog. IMG_2891 white dogs RESIZED.jpg

5. Corie Henson

Registered

During weekends when I have no work, I give my dogs a bath and grooming. I used to bring them to the grooming salon but when I discovered that they were being contamined with fleas and ticks, we stopped going to the grooming salon in the mall. I just take time to give them a good bath and drying them with an electric fan coupled with brisk brushing of their coat.

And when we go to the market, we bring along the 2 white dogs because the brown is hyperactive and at times unruly. The 2 whites dogs, Tisoy and Barbie, are well-behaved when in the car. Never did it happen that they soiled the car or urinated. IMG_4138 cory dogs.JPG

6. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

These dogs are so cute especially Tisoy and Barbie. All right Pippy is cute too in his own way. Although I have never been too fond of that breed of dog in all honesty. It looks like you have your hands full with these three though. I can relate I have two dogs Buddy and Oso, who sometimes make up for twenty dogs in themselves.

7. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, those dogs are so sweet. I would never make up a decision to manage four dogs, it would be just too much work for me. :c
    I only have one dog and he drives me instance at times, he can be very annoying, and time consuming.

8. Corie Henson

Registered

Yesterday was Tisoy's 8th birthday and it will not pass without a celebration no matter how little. The photo will show what we had for the pictorial of TIsoy that included candle-blowing (by me, of course). Tomorrow, Saturday, we will be leaving early for the mountain resort as a continuation of Tisoy's birthday celebration. We had invited my sister and her family plus my mother as well (who is a stroke victim) including the 2 caregivers of my mother. We'll have fun and I'm sure Tisoy would enjoy the trip because he likes to ride in the car. IMG_4538 bday tisoy.JPG

9. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I do really love these photos Corie!

Your pets are so lovely, and they seems to be so happy being sharing home with you and hubby, that makes feel like wanting to have pets again.

I was never allowed to have a dog until I was 17-18, and it was a nice Pekingese dog with brown fur whose name was Sparky, who eventually passed away ten years later. Never had another pet since, but only a canary for several years before my dog.

10. Corie Henson

Registered

Here is another pet that is unique. Her name is Twinkle, she is a rock pigeon. She arrived in our home one day before Christmas and had stayed ever since. After that new year, she insisted on entering our house where she established her territory on the second floor, right beside the door of our bedroom. Twinkle has learned to bond with our dogs whom she chased at first. When there are guests in the house, Twinkle would fly to the sofa and show herself to the guests. And when a guest would touch her, expect a peck from Twinkle. IMG_4349 twink.JPG

11. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

It's seem that dogs have a better sense of knowing when one is feeling sick, i have notice that they stay right next to you, my Jr. always did the same thing, but once I over my sickness, he's off to the corner of the couch. That very usually to have a pigeon actually live in your home. how funny. The only time they have been in my house, is because I had to save one from the cats.

Corie Henson likes this.
  12. Corie Henson

Registered

That rock pigeon was very tame to us as if she is also part of the family like our dogs. When we have house guests, she would be flying from her nest into the living room to show off her presence. When there is a commotion outside like someone is knocking on the gate, she would fly to the doorway to check on what's happening.

It's just sad that she left us after 5 years. It is a mysterious pigeon who arrived without notice and who also left without notice. We'd like to think that she has a mission to fulfill.

Ike Willis likes this.
  13. Corie Henson

Registered

I was not able to post when Barbie got sick. She is our white pekingese who is very affectionate. She was having a severe diarrhea and what's coming out has some red color so I brought her to the vet. After 2 nights of confinement, we brought home our dog who was back to her old self. But after 3 days, the diarrhea came back again. When I called up the vet, she wanted me to bring Barbie to a laboratory for more tests. That was a discouraging advice. It's a good thing that we have another vet so that's where I brought our sick dog. Fortunately, this other vet said that amoebiasis is the culprit. He injected Barbie with antibiotic and that's it. Barbie was well on the next day.

14. Corie Henson

Registered

It's sad because Barbie, our pekingese, got sick last Sunday. She woke up trembling and couldn't walk properly. The vet advised us for a laboratory test. Barbie eats and drinks but obviously something was wrong because she was always panting and saliva drops were coming out of her mouth. On occasions, she would cry as if in pain. Unfortunately or fortunately, the laboratory tests found nothing, she is normal. Even the ultrasound and x-ray yielded nothing.

On the next day, the vet came again to check. He heard Barbie's cry of pain. The diagnosis was anal sac disease, it's like having a boil in the rectum and the vet said it is really painful. The vet prescribed anti-biotic and pain reliever. Barbie's hind legs seemed to be paralyzed because she couldn't use it, just dragging.

Yesterday, Wednesday, Barbie suddenly walked although wobbly at first. What a coincidence, the vet was here and Barbie seemed to be greeting the vet. Now it is Thursday and Barbie is back to her old self.

15. Corie Henson

Registered

It's sad that my favorite dog is sick again. I wonder why she is getting sick too often. Before the new year, she was ailing with anal sac disease, that's a painful butt that is like having a boil. The vet couldn't do anything except give her pain reliever. A few weeks after that, she had amoebiasis that pestered her digestive system. Yesterday she's again having difficulty in eating and the vet visited her this morning to give her a shot. She's still down, looking weak but can still move normally and she eats a little. I hope she gets well soon.