My Move To Assisted Living - Oakmont Of Fresno

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

Having nailed down all the details and costs I have decided to make the move voluntarialy some time before the first of the new year. I have been to Oakmont several times to check out all the facilities and was impressed. It is fairly close to all family members when they choose to visit I will have a one bed, one bath, kitchinette, apartment with wi fi, utilities and cable TV included. Three gourmet meals per day that I can have in the dining room or brought to my apartment. This facility is not inexpensive and I will be paying up to $5,700 monthly with most of that being paid by my Long Term Care Policy. I no longer enjoy or even feel like cooking for my self or performing other tasks that I now am doing in my two bed, two bath apartment. I look forward to having these things done for me. The best thing about this whole idea is being able to make these decisions on my own instead of reaching a point where a family member has to step in and make choices for me.

http://www.oakmontoffresno.com/

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's good to hear @Lon Tanner. Another plus is that you'll be making new friends as well. What will you be doing with all the extra time you will be saving now that you'll not be cooking and cleaning in the kitchen? Do you have any good hobbies that can fill your time? :)

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

I love to read and am a HISTORY BUFF so there is plenty of material. Love good films as well. I play chess and bridge.
    Computer activity will take much of my time as well.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

There was a time when I would have thought that would be about as far from anything that I'd want as anything I could think of, but I get it. I'm not ready for it yet, and unlikely to be able to afford it, but I can see the attraction in it, as it will leave you with time to do the things you enjoy most and can do best. I wish you well with it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.