My Heart Back In Atrial Fibrillation Today

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith ......wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery and better health for you :)

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith , I'm carrying you in my heart Tinker, today and all the days we have. You are the strongest person I know. Draw on it my friend. Your faith will carry you now.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh @Yvonne Smith , all the best wishes for you my friend.... I hope all goes well and you're not in too much discomfort...I can hardly bear to imagine what it must be like for you... I hope everyone cares for you as if you were their own mum, and you're home before you know it...

images.duckduckgoget.com.png

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Just saw that her daughter posted on FB, seems like she's doing very well which is great news but that's all I know, I'm sure Bobby will give us more details.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In recovery room. One finger typing. Write more soon. Love to all of you !

7. Yvonne Smith

Registered

I am happily back home from the hospital, still sore; but doing fine. I will have bruises for a while, but thankfully there are no more IV needles stuck in both of my arms. No sensors taped to my fingertips, and now I can actually type again.
    So...........(sorry for that @Patsy Faye ), here is the rundown on what the doctor found. When they did my heart in 2014, the back of the upper left chamber/atrium was what was scarred and they had to repair.
    That part is still fine; but the front of the same chamber developed the a-fib patterns now, and that is why my heart went back into a-fib last fall. Yesterday, he has repaired that part of the atrium, too; so unless it spreads to another chamber of the heart, I should not have any more problems with a-fib once this surgery heals up.
    He said that it should at the very least, last several years, but it is a matter of waiting to see what happens next.
    If my heart stays out of a-fib, then they can take me back off of the amioderone in a few months. The Conversion treatment that they did in 2014 is still a pretty new surgical operation, and my heart doctor said that the doctors didn't really know if the electrical impulses would spread elsewhere once they were stopped in one place; so he is going to write up a paper about my case, and this way other doctors can know what happened, too.
    I am glad to be back home and away from the hospital !
    When i got home, I went right to bed and slept most of the morning, and I am feeling better now. I was so cold after the procedure that they had me bundled in blankets all around my head, and I looked like one of those babies that only. Have a face sticking out of the blankets. Apparently, this is normal and they keep the operating room pretty cold. It took me hours before I finally warmed up enough to take the blanket off of my head.

8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wow Yvonne, I've been away too long. I didn't know all this but so glad you're back home, warm and safe, healthier and on your way to getting off the amioderone. Take it easy and behave :)

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith just sit back and let the rest of us entertain you. But don't laugh too hard at us, that could hurt a bit. :) If that happens just turn us off, and go watch a feel good movie. :p Love you Lady Guru. :D

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Ah - I can picture you all snuggled beneath those blankets
    We are all rooting for you to progress well now Yvonne :)

11. Yvonne Smith

Registered

Here I am , @Patsy Faye , all bundled up and happy to have the heated blankets piled on top of me.
    IMG_684.jpg

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Glad to hear it went well and you are at home @Yvonne Smith ....just take it easy and let Bobby take care of you...that's what hubbies are for...partly. :)

I had already seen that cute pic of you yesterday on FB and agree with your daughter's comments. :)

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Aah - so cute like a little dolly :)
    Good to see you positive, keep on down that road Yvonne :) x

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sorry folks on not doing more in the way of giving ya'll the updates during Yvonne's ordeal. I'm sure everyone here at some point has been given information during an event that doesn't quite jive with the end results. Just call me too cautious but to me it's better than the opposite.

Obviously she made it and is now sleeping in her own bed which is probably where she'll be spending extra time in the next couple of days forthcoming. The problem now is because it was just an overnight thing and to me, more was done, we have to be a lot more vigilant than last time watching for signs of heart attack, stroke, entrance sites internal and external bleeding and infection. She spent 3-4 days under hospital observation last time so it was well monitored by professionals. And, after all of that has deminished, she might wind up at the chiropractors on Monday because her back is now out of whack and giving her a lot of pain.

Bottom line thus far is that she's a gutsy critter, probably more so than I, and is handling things like a champ.

Thanks to all of you for your continued friendships and prayers.......God Bless.....

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

th (28).jpg @Yvonne Smith I'm sorry you have had more problems....but so thankful those problems are ones that can be fixed. Praying you will soon feel really good again.

16. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I was surprised that she was only in the hospital one night but figured it's because that's the way insurance is now.

Keep an eye on her @Bobby Cole but I know you are anyway.

17. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah, probably an insurance thing. They were going to move her to a room but when we picked her up she was still in the recovery booth. On top of that they insisted that we pick her up before 0600 which would lead me to believe that it was due to an insurance directive.
    Things are pretty quick nowadays. I remember when giving birth was a minimum 7-10 day stay for you ladies at the hospital but now it's, cut the cord, put a knot in it and git outta here.

18. Chrissy Cross

Registered

So very true @Bobby Cole.

When I volunteered at the hospital I was surprised that most were out patient. Very rare to even get a room.

It was mostly the knee replacements.

Of course I was in the regular surgery waiting room so no heart patients...they had their own area in cardiology.

19. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

The thing about Atrial Fib is that once your heart is put back in NSR (Normal Sinus Rythm) with Electro Shock or Chemical IV. there is no need to keep us in hospital and we feel fine. I am home now and feeling quite good after spending two and a half days in hospital with my recent bout of AFib. My heart was being stubborn and didn't want to convert. Usually for me I will Self Convert or the docs can get me converted in a matter of minutes. When we are in A Fib we don't have much energy but there is no pain. After living with A Fib for 27 years I think I have learned a little about it.
    What causes A Fib?? It's different for each of us. I would go into A Fib bending over to pick my golf ball out of the cup after a putt or swallowing too big a piece of food.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  20. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wife had a heart job done where they use a wire t find what triggers it then used an electric pulse to deaden the spot. @5 year ago and counting.

21. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

That heart job your wife had is called a ABLATION. I had this done 10 years ago and it was fine up until earlier this week. I will probably need to have this done again some time in the future , OR A PACEMAKER.

22. Patsy Faye

Registered

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  23. Yvonne Smith

Registered

I am doing fine, although still having back pain. My doctor has not sent the referral for me to be able to go to the chiropractor; but when we get that, then I can have him see whether it just got "out of whack"on the operating table, and fix it again.
    Possibly, it might be from all the drugs they gave me for the procedure and they are still affecting my kidneys adversely. The pain seems to be lessening each day; but my lower back is still having spasms sporadically. Since I already have kidney failure issues, it is entirely possible that this is what is causing the back pain.
    I am still having the episodes of low blood pressure (90/49 just now); but those have been going on for the last couple of months. I suddenly break out into a cold sweat, and get dizzy. When I take my blood pressure at these times, it is almost always around 100/50 or lower. I talked with the doctor about this, and they are not sure what is causing it either.
    As far as the incisions, they seem to be healing up very rapidly, and I am not having any kind of heart or chest pains. They will check me again in a month or two, and if the heart is staying in rhythm, then they will start taking me off of the amioderone and see if it will still hold normal rhythm.

24. Patsy Faye

Registered

I hope its the operation that is causing after effects until you settle down again
    Tonight I will send good vibes to your back area :)

25. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hello Yvonne - hope you are feeling a lot better :)
    What about the back pain ? You mention the kidney area - are you careful with sodium intake ?
    I know you usually are ......................:)

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.