My Girl Mica

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Tex Dennis, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

1147144939_588b332d7ad83.jpg 1634746266_588b332f19e23.jpg 842988433_588b332e86fcb.jpg matt.jpg Few more of my girls and Mica in training, the last one Matt which I worked with many years, know 2 languages just before I lost her to a stroke, this was a cold night going to feed cattle, I was in the back of the truck with her, I do miss that girl. The kick the dog poster Matt in the rear, a man shouted get over and kicked her, bad mistake plus arrested for assaulting an officer the dog!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Tex Dennis

Registered

3. Tex Dennis

Registered

Thanks Holly I have lots of these type pictures.
    Sharing another with you I will have to find Max picture a black Labrador explosive dog I adopted some years ago, he had his tail and part of hip blown off in Iraq, we took him to the dog part the 1st time and he would not let us in!!! Until he ran grid lines for awhile to see if it was safe! He was serious on checking the grounds before we entered. We took several of fired shotgun shells in an old sock to hide for him to find many times, he never missed them.

4. Tex Dennis

Registered

ethyl.JPG This is Ethyl which was dumped in front of my home 3-4 years ago

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

awwwww Ethyl.... blesss.

Do you still have the Hero that is Max? ...oooh it's just such wonderful stories I feel my heart could burst with pride, and they're not even my dogs, so I can imagine how YOU must feel..

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

I'm astonished by that picture of Matt with the guy on the floor, was that real or in training...?

7. Tex Dennis

Registered

The picture was taken by a news reporter and shown on TV there were 3 officers (count the feet) and 2 K-9's, we were sent down town for security of a movie opening that was expected to draw some trouble makers, we were given a copy of the photo and they added the captions, that was a very real unexpected event, the man was eating some fast food and the K9 looked at him he yelled at it and kicked the dog the officer did not restrain the dog after being kicked. I was tempted to let mine go but did not, the charges were assault on an officer and disorderly conduct if I remember right. It went to trial he lost, we had many laughs on that one sometimes payback is unexpected. This was just being in the right place at the right time for the reporter who was filming the dogs.

8. Tex Dennis

Registered

Holly I have 4 dogs and 1 cat. Matt as I called her was Maddie and so large all thought she was a male, I had her 13 years with me she passed from a stroke, I have never got over it, her ashes will be buried with me. She was 102 lb when she died.
    Two weeks after I lost her I got a call to come visit a friend for the weekend in Okla, I knew she was up tp something, I agreed to going but said I cant adopt another now, just cant. Well guess what they took me to a police station and I had 13 dogs come at me, the one they picked for me ran away with the rest, Mica sat and stayed with me so guess what I was wrong and she was right, Mica picked me, she was not suitable for military work so went to a local police dept and was hurt cut with 42 stiches in her groin area, 3 operations later with me sitting 7 days a week, 24/7 for 32 days with her, I stopped my life for her. I did nothing but care for her for all that time, nothing. Since then we are as one. Very probable 2 times I would have possibly hurt or worse if not for her. She has her good and not so good days, now we are glad winter is over. She is sleeping as I type this at my feet.

9. Tex Dennis

Registered

th43X0O2D7.jpg Just another old picture on Maddie aka Matt when she was younger with me. Thanks for all the interest and letting me share these great memories, you cant believe how many pictures I have of them.

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a friend who trains mallinois' to be K9 dogs. He says they are the most loyal and smartest dogs. They are not trained to rip and tear the perpetrator but to take a firm hold and not let go. If the perp struggles, I suppose he might get torn but that's not the dog's fault. I have seen him with his dog and the understanding between them is amazing. It only takes the slightest motion for the dog to know the command.

11. Tex Dennis

Registered

Thanks Shirley I always love to hear anything doggie related very correct on the commands, share anything you wish I love reading all of it

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's exactly how our Malli is Shirley...trained by my ex s-i-l...

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Dennis I can imagine how many pictures you have of the dogs, I have thousands of ours ( my grandfurkids who are like my own dogs)...all those who belong, and have belonged to my daughter and ex s-i-l.. My daughter takes many pictures of her dogs, and some professionally but nowhere near as many as I do.. of her dogs (my babies who love their ''granny'')

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

She is just beautiful ...it's funny you call her matt, when her name is Maddie...we once had a bitch called Joey, everyone thought she was a male of course..