My Favorite Art

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kalvin Mitnic, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

What is art?

Some ART is simply pedestrian, and uninspired blobs of a geometric shape of a differing color. Worth millions!
    "A Scottish business student decided to find out: What is art? He got a pineapple and put it on a museum exhibition table to see if it passed for art. It did. The museum had put a glass case over it.
    Much Like Beauty, "Art Is In The Eye Of The Beholder"

But my favorite Art,

:p:p

Of
    all the Famous people named Art
    I miss

Art Carney
    Art Carney, 85, Lauded 'Honeymooners' Actor, Dies

http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-art/reference

2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

When I went to the modern art museum in Washington DC, I was pretty unimpressed with some of the stuff I saw there. But it's all in the beholder.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

IF it's never been done before, an "artist" has a much better chance to pull off anything he deems as "art" if he can find a relatively creative reason for it.

Thus the real-life "Pineapple"...the diamond pattern is beautiful as well as the shape and leaf plumes out of the top but the artist is God unless someone paints or sculpts it. And God has lots of art that can't be beat....sunsets for one. Can't improve on that. That's why realism can be admired for the talent of copying with precision but lacks in creativity unless the artist creatively arranges the composition and lighting.

Coincidently, I was looking for a place to retire last week that had an artist community.

I came across the "Pineapple Grove Arts District" in Delray Beach Florida. I fell in love with it but a tiny one bedroom condo was $400,000 there. It had a very distant view of the ocean over many rooftops. It also had concrete floors. I think it was meant more for an artist studio as it also had large windows for natural light. But a tad out of my price range unless I sell my soul.
    Pineapple Grove Arts District - Delray Beach Florida
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

How much is a soul worth at going rates and Clarence Darrow as a backup.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

A cartoonist named Merle Tigley who made cartoons called Ting which appeared in many Canadian News papers once had his scribbling pad taken and enter in an art display and won first prize. So what is art anyway.