My Day

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Mary Alveron, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Mary Alveron

Mary Alveron Active Member
    Registered

Me and my husband and my grandson are in the TV room. My grandson and husband are playing toss the beanbag in the hole. I think it is repetitive. Oh my gosh now they have took 2 purple kiddy chairs and they have to roll balls through it. This is silly looking. I just said hold on I am taking a picture because this looks silly. I think it is hilarious. My husband said well this is a very sophisticated game. I find it dumb. Eww my husband just made a gross looking expression. What was that about? My grandson just said it looked like a lizard. My grandson said stop making fun of the deceased to my husband. What? Oh my husband just said he is referencing the dead lizard in our tv room. I find the jokes too silly. Oh my gosh my grandson just got two points. He said Desmond Tutu. Why would he say that? I asked what did that mean? Oh he said when they both have two points my husband often says Desmond Tutu. I said that makes sense. I am being sarcastic though. That is hilarious. My grandson said speaking of making jokes about dead people. My husband chuckled. I think the jokes are creepy. A few minutes ago I viewed Insta. I think it is cool sounding. Well when I opened the website a song blasted hugely loudly. My husband said Brian she’s playing country music to celebrate you missing the throw. I find the jokes dumb. I said it’s not country music it is a video about home renovation on Insta. That is cool. My husband said Insta is evil. I said what? My husband said it endangers women. I believed he was forming a stupid joke. I said stop bill that’s not funny hardly. My husband said no there was a story about Instagram causing body discomfort in young women. I did not hear about that one. I said yeah Bill but Instagram has other stuff like home renovation to though. That is reliving. You know I often forget that it is called Instagram and call it Insta or Instapost or crap. My husband does too occasional. That is understandable. We be old! That is hilarious. Oh I just asked my grandson does our house smell like an older folks home? My husband said geez. He chuckled. He said stop distracting us from our game. My grandson laughed. He said no. I explained that some houses have a distinct smell. My grandson said I agree but you do not have a scent in your house. I think it is good. Now they are throwing beanbags on a stack of pillows and they are trying to balance them. I just said I wonder if people at senior homes would like these games to amuse myself. My husband quipped that this is the senior home. I find it hilarious. I said and Brian is our caretaker. I think it is silly.

my husband and Grandson are done with games now. My grandson lost. That is dumb. My husband and grandson are rhyming words that rhyme with fair. I am ignoring it. That is hilarious. Why did my husband just say for Christmas he wants a mare? That is odd huh? I asked him. He said because it rhymes. I said for Christmas and mare do not rhyme. My husband said I am saying mare not mayor. That is obvious. I said I know. My husband said well your pronounciation could use some works. He chuckled. That was harsh. I then said Bill did you see the bushes my grandson planted for me today? He said no. He also said they probably look like the other 100 bushes you made him plant. He chuckled. That is stupid to say. He said plus it was dark when I went outside. I said Bill it was not dark at 4 45 PM. He said yes it was. He then started rhyming words with dark. My grandson is joining. I think it is dumb. My grandson said you can only do these rhymes at the park. My husband said well what if I am a lark. My husband then said Superman is Kent Clark. Oh my gosh I just thought of something. I said hey Bill maybe you should just go dark. That was pretty good huh? Oh my husband said that word was already used. He said that was the first word even. I said oh. Well I don’t care hardly. I find it hilarious. My grandson will go back in school next week. I think it is timely.

Ruby Begonia and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy New Year, Mary & Bill!

3. Mary Alveron

Registered

Thank you! I thjnk it is lovely. I hope you have a good new year too. I find it wishable and pleasant.

The other day a huge event occurred. My grandson visited. He drove down to my house for the first time! While my grandson has visited my house a number of previous times he embarked on his first drive on his own 2 to 4 days ago. I think that is great. I was excited. Well when we drove to lunch I had to get gas. I did not have money! I think it is crass. I asked my grandson could he lend me 25 dollars for gas money. I do not want to pay with a credit card because I am nervous of card thrives. I think it is explainable. He did. I find it pleasant. Then I said Gee Brian this is like a visit of firsts for you. I find it hilarious and notable. Well later he also drove me to the taco place. He said he could drive on his own however I said I would come. I find it grandmotherly. I was not quite sure though. I find it hysterical. My husband said well if I don’t see you again I love you guys. I said Bill knock it off. He does jokes. I did not want my grandson to think we would die though hardly. I think that is wise. He drove good though. I find it pleasant.

I later created a page entitled Brian’s Firsts. I find it creative. I designed it on my Note app. I think it is wise. I listed the first times. I then attempted to add a image of my grandson doing each thing. Well I desired to film my grandson driving to my driveway however I missed the event by several minutes. I think it is lousy. I instead took a picture of him next to the car. My grandson said this seems staged. He did a thumb up finger next to the car. I think it looks successful. Well when I tried to add the second picture it would not load. I found it creepy. I asked my grandson. My grandson said that’s probably a good thing. He chuckled. The image was of him handing me change. I think it sounds cool. Well I then was able to add a second picture however it appeared above the lovely list. I find it stressful. My grandson showed me how to delete it. I think it is lovely. Well when I put it again it appeared in the middle of the list. I think it is dumb. I said it’s fine and maybe I can fix it later. I find it pleasant and less stressful. That was a good idea to design though huh?

Today I was driving and I drove past a airport. I found it cool to view. I told my husband look this is a good view. He said ok. He chuckled. I saw a Amazon plane. I told my husband. He said why would they call it that if it flies people and not packages. I was confused. I said Bill it does fly packages. I think it is silly. My husband said is there a package controlling the cockpit too? I find the jokes too silly. I said well why else would it say Amazon? He said I thought they were for advertising. I am less impressed. I said it would be hard to advertise to people when you are several miles in the air. I find it amusing. He said well it is a good advertisement when people see it riding down the runway. I find our conversation to be argumentative. Me and my husband often disagree on silly things however we agree on the big stuff. I think that sounds lovely. The other month my husband sold his bowling ball named Glitter Boy. I find it silly sounding. Several decades ago my husband bought a bowling ball that was good color and featured glitter. He keeps it in his closet I think. I think it was silly because he only plays bowling once in a blue moon. He got rid of it due to it being too heavy for him to roll. I think it is wise. I just asked my husband who did he give the bowling ball to? He said I did not give it to anyone I just put it in Goodwill. I said did they really want a old bowling ball? I find it awkward to imagine. He said why not? I am not sure on the month he gave it away. I know it occurred.

I am currently looking at Instagram and my granddaughter posted a picture of a tall building. Oh I am reading the comments and she said it is the haunted tour. I find that frightening to view. I am not big on the creepy stuff. I think it is still lovely. I showed my husband. He called the picture the Nightmare before New Year. He said you should write that as a caption and tell her I said it. I said Bill I’m not writing that it doesn’t even make sense. My husband features a Instagram account however he has not used it in 1 to 5 years hardly. I think it is timely. A couple of years ago me and my husband were taking a tour of London. It was prepandemic for certain. I think it makes sense. Well anyway my husband overhydrated for the tour. I find it awkward. He asked the tour guide is there a facility we can use? The tour guide said you can go in the hotel over there. I found it genial. I said we should keep a low profile due to not being guests at the hotel. That was wise. Country music was playing in the hotel. I am not a country music fan however I am a huge dance occasional. I think that is surprising. Well when I came out of the bathroom my husband was breakdancing to the country music. I was annoyed. I said Bill stop causing so much attention. I said there are cameras filming you probably. I think that is creepy. He said I had to dance because I am standing next to the Vance Room and Vance rhymes with dance. He pointed to a sign. I think it was like a conference meeting room maybe. I recall that when I left the building and I walked past the lobby manager I pretended to talk within my phone and look busy. I find it a little dishonest however wise. I did not want them to ask if we were guests there hardly. I think it is sensible. My husband said they don’t even care. I find it silly. I remember I said I feel like I am parenting a little kid right now. I find it hilarious and awkward.

Tomorrow I will go to the gym. I find it successful. I will walk on the bike thing. I will pull on the handles that are attached to large rubber bands. I find it exhausting sounding.

Ken Anderson and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Mary, I am seeing great improvement in your posts! The addition of using paragraphs to break up your post into manageable portions. Much easier to read & digest! The word "funny" is a good substitute for "hilarious", and "understandable", for "explainable".

In the early days of air travel, The Amazon Jungle "ate up" many airplanes that crashed while fling over it, It is understandable that Today's Amazon stays in the air, and the "distribution Jungle" is being tamed! Bill's ex-bowling ball, "Glitter Boy" shows much potential as an idea for a movie or TV show! I found it to be very funny! Keep up the good work!:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good thread, great posts. I don't know how I missed it before.

6. Mary Alveron

Registered

I am back! I think it is crazy. Sorry I have left. I was busy for a few weeks and I forgot to come to the page after that. I find it lousy. I have come back though. I find it thrilling.

My husband and me went to dinner last night. We went to a store called Jimmy Hula. I mean a restaurant rather. I find it more sensical. It was good. When we arrived to the restaurant I said hi to the people at the host stand. I said hey Bill doesnt the guy there look like Jim? Jim was one of my sons childhood friends and the server looked a little similar. I find it coincidental. My husband said I don’t remember him. I find it unlucky. We went to the table. I got a hamburger. My husband ordered fries. I find it unhealthy however tasty. The restaurant is kind of surfing theme. I find it cool. It has quirky signs and pictures and crap to fit the theme. I find it unique. One sign said a quote. I knew it. The quote said when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be peaceful. I find it nice sounding. My husband said thats a cool quote. I said which one? He said it. He kept mispronouncing it though. He said when the power of power instead of the power of love. I find it embarrassing. We ordered dessert from the dessert menu. I find it delicious. We purchased a slice of cheesecake. I am more impressed. I was reading a article about Simon Cowell. The article read that there was no love lost between Simon Cowell and someone else . I forgot the other name though. I find it hilarious. Well I found the phrase to be interesting. I asked my husband what does no love lost mean? He said it means two people dont like each other. I said oh thats good to know I wasnt quite sure. He said why are you asking? I said I am reading the article about it. He said the article is about the expression? He looked confused. I said no its about Simon Cowell. My husband said huh? I find it lousy.

We drove home. My husband and me were talking about our eye surgeries. My husband got eye surgery 10 to 20 years ago. I got eye surgery several months ago. I have probably not posted a comment since my eye esurgery maybe. I find it crazy. I asked my husband did they knock you out for the eye surgery? He said yes. I said I was wide awake for mine. I said they gave me painkiller though. I said they actually told me to stop talking during the eye surgery so they dont screw it up. My husband said how did that work out? He was doing a joke. You know I dont talk that much though. My husband then did a imitation. He said hi there I had eggs for breakfast this morning. I said whats the significance of that? He then explained that he was doing a imitation of something I would say. I said Bill I’m too tired for this right now. I find it hilarious. My husband then talked about going to the bowling alley. He does not bowl frequent however he went to bowling with his friend from golf the other week. They played seven games. I find it numerous. I would also find it boring probably. I find it honest and hilarious. My husband did decent on most rounds. In one round he got 199 points. I said that’s pretty good huh Bill? He said yeah for me it is. I said gee maybe you should switch to bowling instead of golf. I find it hilarious. I said I wonder how often that happens where someone tries another sport and realizes they are better at it. I said like if I was a soccer player and I tried tennis one day and found out I was great at it. My husband said you aren’t great at tennis you haven’t played it before have you? I said I was doing a example Bill. I find it obvious. My husband has a little trouble hearing stuff though. Well he is losing hearing as he gets older. I find it understandable. You know I am not huge on sports however I can do good on them occasional. I used to go to the gym near my house 4 to 5 times a week. I find it impressive. I do not go anymore hardly. If I was not present at my house you would probably not find me burning calories at the local 24 hour fitness. I find it understandable. I do exercise walks occasional though. I find it great.

You know earlier today I read a story that someone made a dating resume to hand out to men. She said she she thought it would be more meaningful then a dating website. I find it ponderous. I was confused at first though. I thought it said resume like resuming a video or crap. I find it lousy to me. I then realized what it meant. I find it positive. The story was comedic though. The lady said she put her interests and accomplishments on the resume. I think it is cool. Do you think it is the same resume she used to apply to a job? I find it possible. The article then read that she often stands outside bathrooms at big events to find men she likes. I said ok. I said the k in ok long to indicate that I thought it sounded weird. I made a funny facial expression due to the strange detail. I find the story creative though.

Guess what my husband was on a video tonight. I find it cool. I do not think I have said about it before. It is a thing called old man Monday. I find the title hilarious. My husband came up with the name last year. I said wow Bill I’m surprised you called yourself old. He said I am old. I said yeah but Im surprised you went with that. I said it sounds funny though. Well it is a show that he and his friends do on Mondays. My husband does it from his office desk. My husband is the cohost with one of his friends. They have other people and guests who join. I find it unique. They just do stupid jokes and talk about sports and crap. I find it silly. My husband always does silly puns and asks people questions about their interests and stuff. I find it cool. It happened last year for a number of weeks. I just asked my husband how many videos of old man Monday did he do last year. My husband said I think it was 10 or 11. I find it hard to recall. He then added that the person that runs it was upset with some of the other people so he stopped doing it around Thanksgiving. I am not sure on the details on that though. They returned tonight. My husband started it in a broadcaster voice. I find it silly. He said ladies and gentleman its the comeback that no one has been waiting for it’s the return of old man Monday. He then said other stupid stuff. He said the White House press secretary stopped her meeting due to the breaking news of the old man Monday show returning. He also said talk has been circulating around the water coolers at work that the show is back. I find him silly. The show lasted 2 and a half hours almost. I said how many people would watch that to my husband. He said when he looked there were 45 viewers. I find it decent. I am not sure if there will be more videos after this one though. I find it unexplained.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome back Mary. I enjoy reading about your adventures.

Ruby Begonia and Joe Riley like this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome back, Mary! Your adventures sure do fill our imaginations! Glad to hear that you and Bill are still out there shaking up the world together! The quote you mentioned is also a favorite of mine. It is by Jimi Hendrix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Alveron I still believe that you and Bill have a Movie in your future....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be dogged if I know. I first put in @Mary Stetler then realized that that was the wrong Mary. So I clicked on EDIT and changed it to @Mary Alveron and clicked save changes.

Maybe it's a Halloween trick? :eek::)

Joe Riley and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Boooowaaahaaaahaaaaa...

Joe Riley likes this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Alveron Good Morning Mary, how is your day going? I'm not sure if you are aware that your thread is keeping good company with a famous First Lady's newspaper column. Remember that, when Bill becomes President!

[​IMG]
    "My Day was a newspaper column written by First Lady of the United States Eleanor Roosevelt six days a week from December 31, 1935, to September 26, 1962. In her column, Roosevelt discussed issues including civil rights, women's rights, and various current events."

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    Nancy Hart and Yvonne Smith like this.