My Daughter Had A Serious Accident

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Holly Saunders, May 9, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Sheldon... :)

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh how could I have missed this about your daughter @Holly Saunders :oops:. I'm so glad to hear that she has gotten the care that she needed. As for you, my friend, my heart goes out to you and my prayers.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh bless you @Von Jones , thank you so much!!

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How is your daughter doing, @Holly Saunders ? I know that you said that some jobs only she can do, but with all of her injuries and pain, hopefully, she can just coach someone else to help with all of that for a few days until things at least start to heal.
    Did you say she was on top of a water tower of some sort ?
    The word you used was not one that I am familiar with, and I would like to know if what I am imagining it to be is actually what she fell from, and wondering what in the world she was doing climbing a water tower anyway ?
    We are keeping her in our prayers, and you as well Holly. She might be hurting physically, but i am sure that your emotional pain is just as bad, and I am sending you a big hug of caring and love and comfort.

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

She's unable to coach anyone to do her work @Yvonne Smith , unfortunately, because the staff she has already have their hands full of their own work, and she can't take anyone as temp for several reasons, mainly because it would take too long to teach anyone the work, plus she's so remote no-one wants to travel from the nearest large town to where she is situated which is why her staff all ''live in''...

She has to climb the water tank a couple of times a week because water levels have to be checked during the warmer months when they use so much and receive only small amounts from the reservoir which is almost dry and sometimes totally dry for months on end so if she goes short of water she has to buy it in , and a water truck comes and fills the deposito... . Having so many animals to look after , lots of water is essential, especially as it's so hot in the summer. This week it's been 96 deg f there !!

I have a picture of the water tank somewhere ...I'll see if I can find it...

yes you're right, Yvonne, I get so upset when things like this happen, and my dd knows this which is why she didn't want to tell me, and I didn't get to know until after she'd been released from the hospital 24 hours later ...

I'll go see if I can find the picture of the deposito...

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

These are the only ones I can find in a hurry Yvonne... I have more close up, but I have so many photos it takes me ages to find anything..

The depositos are at the bottom of the track that she built leading to the kennels from her Finca . you can only see the top 3rd of it here in the picture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

I honestly have zillions of pics of it. so if I find them I'll post them.. but this gives you an idea...

...and here's the reservoir.... in winter when it's full

[​IMG]

..and these are the mountains where my daughters' place is... she's right up in the top... . the nearest road fromwhere I took this picture is a 20 minute drive...

[​IMG]

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

This is a picture of the mountains from her terrace and swimming pool area....

[​IMG]

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Found another one from the other angle ( the green covered place are the kennels )

[​IMG]

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

WOW ! ! Just WOW ! What a beautiful , but wild-looking place to live, @Holly Saunders . I can see what you are saying about the water tanks having to be checked. We have some places here that have a similar situation when they have a shallow well or a cistern.
    My friend in Idaho had a cistern which collected rainwater over the winter months, and then she was able to use that water until the heat of summer. By then, the cistern was empty, and she had to haul water in her truck .
    It looks like she has a nice reservoir , but the mountains look pretty dry and barren.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh yes it's beautiful place Yvonne thank you ,. I'd show better pictures in more detail but I won't on an open forum... however my daughter built this all herself with help...from scratch .. including all the landscaping, (5 acres) the building of the kennels , the exercise areas, the grooming studios....and so much more. The place was an absolute wreck when she bought it... so she demolished it and started again

However if you know anyone who might be interested in moving to Spain and wants to own boarding kennels...let me know, she's selling!!

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders
    Gee, I would love to do it, but am just too danged old.........:(
    Frank

Holly Saunders likes this.