My Daughter Died Today

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm so sorry to hear this Ken. I'm glad your wife has you to lean on. She's probably going to be in shock for a couple weeks and then it really hits hard. Our oldest son died in April unexpectedly of a stroke just before his 50th birthday. We still can't believe he is gone. And you said she left 2 children behind. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's been a year already.

tania-stone.jpg

Holly Saunders and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes it feels as if forever has past since we last saw those we've lost. Then it is as if it just happened. For me it is a true oxymoron. Sometimes the pain of loss is so great you wonder that others can't see The vacancy that has become a part of your life. I know it's only been a year since you and your wive lost your child, and I hope the memory of the joy she brought to your lives is growing stronger than the painful memory of her loss.

Blessings to you and your wife.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I wasn't on here when you posted this and haven't read back to the beginning to see if I've posted after the fact but
    Since it's the one year anniversary now is a good time to offer my condolences and I'm sure even though it's been a year, the loss is still very new. I shed a few tears today just talking with my sister about something and my husband came up and even after 12 years a few tears still can roll down my cheeks.

Hope your wife is doing okay, must be a hard day for her....kindest thoughts to both of you today.

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I second that. I can't even fathom the grief of losing a child. All I can say, is it must be a terrible shock and the grief must be horrible. I hope that time has helped make the wound not so raw. I hope you and your wife are getting to spend plenty of time with those precious grands. They can help to ease your pain no doubt. God Bless and I am sure I speak for all, when say we support you.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope the coming year ahead will bring brightness and peace to you all

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. I agree, sometimes it seems like forever our loved ones have been gone, but sometimes the loss is so raw it seems like yesterday. it's been 11 years for my dad, and 2 1/2 since my ex's dad died. He was like a 2ndish dad to me, and I had hoped to spend a lot more time with him. I hope you find some peace. I know it was a sudden loss, and she was young. Sometimes those losses are more difficult. Be kind to yourself, you'll be in my thoughts.

Holly Saunders and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Ken, I haven't been checking the new posts, and I am so sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for your wife, as well as the whole family. She made a difference, and truly served her country. My heart breaks for all of you:( Denise

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh God bless her and keep her safe, she is lovely, and another hero for me to pray for.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Wonderful woman, a true hero. I am so sad to hear of her passing

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

How appropriate and beautiful!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to have read the loss of such a beautiful daughter, and those grandchildren are precious. My prayers are with you and your wife. G-d and sprinkles of blessings. 14125500_1074605322576941_2752160092889328212_o.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The thread is terribly emotionally moving. Rarely am I at a loss for words; words are inadequate, feelings, true feelings, cannot be written down on paper. But now, I am.
    Frank

15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson, I can only offer my prayers for you, and your wife @Michelle Anderson, and I'll not offer any words of wisdom, because I've learned there truly aren't any.

Everyone tells us that time will heal our pain, but I don't think it does in many circumstance, Yes our ability to hide our sorrow gets better with each day, but for some the sorrow only grows.

Even when a memory, good or bad, pops up, the void that use to be occupied by those we lost is where our pain lives. Yet we are expected to act like the pain if not gone is all better except for the occasionally tear.

I don't jnow why we perpetuate these myths about getting over the loss of someone. I think I would have been able to handle my losses better if this subject had been more truly and openly discussed.

It's like we're worried that if we explain truthfully, we'll discourage people from wanting to love each other. Nature and history has shown us that nothing will deter this emotion.

That's what the signature at the bottem of my post refers to.