My Daily Milestone Thread

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Amie Ar, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi guys!

I'm creating this thread to make us seniors strive to reach a goal and help us feel good and better.

In one of those replies I did to one Ken's thread recently, I mentioned that I will be promoting our forum in Twitter using a social media app called Hootsuite. The app is one of the recently discovery app I've learned from being an online freelancer. I sometimes do promotions for a client aside from my bookkeeping, accounting and writing skills.

My Today's Milestone.
    Today and as I promised myself to help the forum gain traffic and benefactors, I posted my FIRST campaign for Seniors Only Club. Let's all cross our fingers and may the campaign be a success to encourage other seniors and make public awareness of our virtual place.:)

How bout you? What achieved goals do you have today? Yes, we're seniors but we are still very much a part of our society. So, be social and continue achieving your goals to uplift your spirits.

Cheers!;)

2. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Today I did and finished an interesting topic for a client who was an angler and a fishing hobbyist. He assigned me to research about different fish lures available in the market. And boy! I was so amazed on the magnitude and types of different fish lures. I really thought worms are the only lure they can put in a hook. And the most interesting I've found out was that the way to a fish mouth was not through its mouth but through its eyeballs! Simply because fishes are more watchful on the baits, the way they move, their colors, shapes and now there's also beams and lights on the lures. Its as if the fishes are leveling up not to always want worms for their diet but also glow in the dark creatures like glow in the dark soft plastic lures. Hahahaha! I really was so amused knowing about this and it really add up to my milestones of discoveries. :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

My Today's Milestone.
    Early this morning, I managed to add a new accounting app in my knowledge bank having learned Clearbooks. Having an accounting career does not stop from having studied it in college and had a bachelors degree. Every now and then all over the world, every country and region seems to issue rules and regulations on businesses. And the Accounting practice was most if not always will be affected either in the way how businesses manages its financials or how finances by businesses should report it to different government bodies. Recently, the European union have decided on the exit of Great Britain from the union and the event entails some changes on how to handle businesses in and around most European countries. Subsequently, business processes have to change and one of those affected was the VAT system among European nations through its newly introduced VAT Moss guidelines. With such change, I needed to understand the process and upgrade my knowledge on doing accounting for my Europe based clients. Thus, learning this accounting software 'Clearbooks' could somehow keep me in touch on how European countries are managing business financials and taxation. I just wish and pray the impact will not affect much of the regular transactions of my client from London and another one in Poland.

Oh well! l know the only thing that's constant in this world is CHANGE. And we just need to cope with it. ;)

4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well yes, if we want to keep up with modern life I think we do need to keep up with change. It is just one of the givens in this world. I try to keep up with technology, but it seems like it moves at the speed of light. No matter how much you think you know about a subject, especially technology, it always seems like there is more to learn!

Amie Ar likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me if my comment does not fit this thread, I am just relying on the thread's title.

I have finally completed the inventory of the items that we brought home from our trips abroad. The plastic bags are all imported so they should be folded neatly for storing. About some goods that we bought last year, there were some gift items like hankies and kid shirts (that I was not able to check for last Christmas). I also found 2 shirts that I bought in our recent trip plus some souvenir items. But the most number of items are the freebies from the hotels like shampoo and soap, disposable toothbrush, slippers, etc.

It took me the whole morning and half of the afternoon to clean up the pile of plastic bags. Now the items are all taken care of and that's a big relief to me. It's a milestone because it took me almost a year before clearing that pile of items from abroad.

6. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

You're on the right thread Corie! Post more and feel inspired by your own daily milestone. The thread aims to boost our self esteem and confidence by telling everyone self achievements that made us feel better and awesome. ;)

You must be so tired by now. But come to think about it, I'm sure the feeling was ecstatic having it organized.:)

7. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

My milestone involves losing weight. I don't know for sure how much I have lost as my digital scale needs a new battery. However, according to the tape measure, it seems I have lost an inch from my lower abdomen and a half inch from my waist. To me, that is a milestone.