My Current "making Something" Madness

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This:

[​IMG]

is currently awaiting installation in this:

[​IMG]

This old fart can't seem to throw in the towel. My nephew, 5 years younger, has almost become a couch addict, a fact much to the chagrin of both of us, as we grew up together. He, too, wanted to build stuff, but our common interests diverged due to marital discord. Neither of us should have married, perhaps.

EDIT: Does this forum not allow editing of an OP title? Lost a capital letter......

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You CAN edit the title; however, it is set to capitalize each first letter of every word all by itself. This usually works fine, except when you use quotation marks (like you just did), or some other punctuation that affects it. To work around this, I put in the quotation mark, then leave a space and then start the word, and then it will stay capitalized, @Frank Sanoica .
    It looks a little odd with the space; but that is about the only way around the auto-capitalization that the title is set to do.

PS, can't read the lettering, is that a Ranchero or something else ? It does not look like El Camino , either (on the lettering) and those are the only ones that I know of.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

And those are the only ones that count! It's a '72 Ranchero, bought for my nephew who is in the Marine Corps. He is 32, has been to Iraq (twice and
    Afghanistan once). How we feared he might be killed there, I can't express. Idea is, what toys I have left, become his, if I croak before he gets out, about 9 years yet. He got my first fuel injection conversion, a 1970 Bronco, which I built in 1996 while in Phoenix. He has been trained as a welder, heavy equipment mechanic, and now is a Staff Sergeant. Not shabby for a kid who quit high school, devastated by parent's divorce after 24 years, got GED, joined the Corps, like his Dad, my nephew, mentioned earlier.

My wife & I, 2nd. marriage both, had no kids either of us in first marriage, definitely decided no kids this time (though, it may have been close!). So the great-nephew (I leave off the great, usually) Danny, is our "heir". He does not really know it, yet. My wife, 10 years younger, likely will well-outlive me, but she loves Danny as I do, and I trust it will move as planned. 'Course, a raucous old bastard like me might just live to 100, just to keep jivin' folks.

Bill Boggs and Terry Page like this.