My Adopted Kitty Is Going Back To The Clinic For Re Adoption

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The truth about Lon and Cranberry, you can't handle it because you have already made up your mind what it is and labeled Lon a liar.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They say that Cranberry is indeed back in cat-prison and not given to some happy family, (as was told to the forum members here).
    Hope this answers your questions, too, @Cody Fousnaugh , and I am glad that you also care about Cranberry.

216FAA83-732E-4718-8A4E-F1C0916902CE.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, Faye, your turn at this, since Yvonne has replied with the truth. IOW, Lon did lie to the forum about his former kitten. But, all I can think of to say now is..........whatever!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To be a tad off topic, it simply means that whatever you (and others) wish to say to other people no matter whether it’s in a PM, Email or in person simply needs to be a little more hesitant and thought out before saying it.

Not one person have I known who hasn’t sent an email that they wish they hadn’t. And moreover, people do gossip about what someone sends them via email but I haven’t met anyone who discontinues using it.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, there you go Cody, what a victory for you to call someone out as a liar. Also, the email doesn't say Lon returned her, but you won't cut him that slack. Maybe Lon gave her to a family and she didn't work out and they returned her. While you are probably right that Lon did return her, you seem all too anxious to call Lon out as a liar. Have you no shame and appreciation that others on this forum and other forums haven't called you out as a liar for posting things that appear to be false? Then you ignore requests for any shred of proof because you know you can't produce it.

Well, I don't get the cat prison part that indicates Lon is a bad evil person for returning the cat the same care he took it from. If so many are so concerned for this cat's welfare, then please click on this link and scroll down and contribute directly to Cranberry's care. Become a sponsor! I am guessing that Cranberry has a better life in this shelter than most cats that have been adopted.

Cat for adoption - Cranberry, a Domestic Short Hair Mix in Fresno, CA | Petfinder

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, off-topic for sure. Comparing personal email use and the PM this forum provides to make such PMs public on this FORUM is a different thing.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

For some reason, I think Faye is having a bad day???? But, we all do Faye, all of us.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s a lousy subject to begin with but just because you think it should be different, it isn’t.
    Bottom line is just do what you wish. The world is your oyster but ya just have to watch which oyster to open sometimes.

I’m actually more concerned about Beth than I am about PM’s.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Never mind.

Completely out of context, and posted before I saw the fray.

Deleted. Sorry.

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

You fail to get my point. When a forum provides a PM that is so things can be discussed that should not be on their public forum. When it is acceptable for anyone to post a PM on the forum, then that just destroys trust. Most forums I have been on prohibit this practice and ban members that violate it.

Shirley Martin and John Brunner like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not having a bad day, just tired of your bragging, hypocrisy, and righteous attitude. Off-topic so no more responses to your taunting on this thread. Lon lied just to get others to shut up the accusations of cat abuse by returning it to prison and possibly being killed. That leaves a bad reflection on a humane shelter that seems to care for all their animals and try to find them good homes.

I pick on Lon all the time but I think there is a difference between making mean belittling accusations and kidding around.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If something is obviously private between two agreeing people then yes, it should remain private. Now, if it’s just a slam from one person to another, I see nothing wrong with allowing others to see that slam.

Moreover, I trust no one anyway so it doesn’t matter to me what someone wishes to share when I PM someone. In truth, I use PM so little I don’t care one way or the other.

Lon and I had a very long and good conversation one time via PM and it wasn’t anything that couldn’t be transferred to the forum general for all to see. I imagine the reason he initially wrote me in PM is he wanted to converse without all the interruptions that would have come from posting on the forum general.
    He was a gentleman and I was a gentleman in kind and there wasn’t anything in the PM that was derogatory and hadn’t already been written some time and in some place on the forum.

On the other hand, Pete Renfro wrote me one that I wish I could have published openly because it showed who he truly is. The problem with it was it was filled with nothing but trash and couldn’t be placed on the forum without a massive amount of censoring.

But this isn’t really about PM’s is it? It’s about Lon attempting to look like a sweet guy by lying about the cat. A very, very needless lie. When Yvonne found out that he hadn’t, then comes the PM part which was a diversion and then you furthered that diversion by going completely off topic.
    Yes, I fell party to that but sadly, as you well know, Lon decided to start a thread about lying and got caught with his knickers down yet again.

And one last thing. In case you haven’t noticed, Lon has me on ignore and has had for a while now. The laughable thing is that he can’t read my post unless someone such as yourself quotes me.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Heck, I had Bobby on "Ignore" at one time, but the more I got to know him, it was a must that I remove the "Ignore".

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I am appalled at the vicious attacks on @Lon Tanner. He adopted a cat; it didn't work out and he allegedly returned it to the adoption agency. It's not as if he dumped it out beside the road on a dark night. It's not as if he tortured and killed it. It's not as if he killed an innocent child. I believe that Lon adopted the cat with the very best of intentions. He bought it the best food, toys, etc. It didn't work out and he did what was best for it. Give the man a break, for God's sake!

@Yvonne Smith , how can we ever trust you not to reveal a PM in the future? You being a moderator, you should know better than to reveal a PM.

@Cody Fousnaugh , Having been the target of unkind attacks in the past, I'm surprised at you taking pert in attacks on another member. :( Don't you know how words can hurt?

And if y'all called me a liar and I could reach you, I'd knock the hell out of you.

I think the bunch of you owe Lon an apology.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What you need to understand, Shirley, Lon lied to the forum. In the beginning of his "returning kitty" thread, he stated that he was going to give the cat back to the shelter/clinic he got it from, but after some members inquired why he wouldn't give it to a resident where he lived, he then stated that he gave the cat to a very loving family. Yvonne found out that he hadn't, and that he had actually given it back to the shelter/clinic.

Shirley, simply read the entire thread he done about "returning his cat" and you should understand why some members are wondering about his integrity about telling the truth. IOW, the dude lied to the forum and he was called on that lie. He didn't like it, had a few unkind words about some members that was totally uncalled for. It isn't the forum's fault if Lon lied about what he did with his cat.

Bobby Cole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.