Murder Mystery Train Excursion

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Debbie Allen, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

Fences 008 (1024x768).jpg

This was a couple of years ago and we have done it twice and here my account of the second time.

We have gone on a railroad mystery train ride twice now. This last time we actually went while it was mostly light out and we could see the mountains and other areas around. This time we hooked up with my husband’s oldest sister and her daughter on this murder mystery. It was fun and good food. Nobody on the train had figured out who the real murderer was.

During our trip from one city in the mountains to the next his sister mentioned something that I have thought about for a long time too. How can people say that there is so much overpopulation when all these woods and unpopulated areas are all around us? She brought up about George Washington and how he surveyed all that land and how rough it was to just get through the trees and other vegetation. We wondered how they got through all the ravines and gullies, as she called them. We both noticed all the young trees and some of the huge trees that we saw as we took that train ride. We noticed many locusts and other kinds of trees. We saw some Sumacs too. We took notice of the native fruits and the flowers and how there was lots of food for the animals there and how primitive things looked. We saw small paths that meandered in and out of the forest that deer and other wildlife walked through every day. There were a few bike paths too. We figured they were there so that they could come and care for the Rail Road tracks. It was so pristine and untouched by humans and it was wild and wonderful and a joy to see.

Fences 008 (1024x768).jpg

Holly Saunders and Ruby Begonia like this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

This sounds like a very nice excursion, @Debbie Allen ! I've not done one, but I've wanted to do a murder mystery dinner theater in Orlando for a long time now. It always looked so interesting. Of course there are ALL kinds of dinner theaters there, so I'm not really sure which one I'd end up choosing.

Debbie Allen likes this.