Munchkin Cats?

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I like cats and find them to be neat and clean whatever their breed is...they are so cute too. I like the way cats purr and just have a fondness of being clean all the time. Even here in Hawaii when the weather is so humid and hot the cats seem to take it in stride. I wish there were more apts. that would allow cats and pets, but oh well right now I can't afford pets anyway. I like cats so I visit youtube.com to see cat videos. Found a cat in Japan called Maru.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Well, what about just getting a small little dog instead, @Frank Sanoica ? Unless they are large dogs, you rarely see or hear of one jumping on the counter (although you can find pictures on Youtube of dogs doing almost anything nowdays).
    I like cats and dogs both; but we only have 2 small dogs right now, and they are great pets. Granted, you can't just leave out a littler box for the dog like you can for a cat; but on the other hand, you don't have to smell or clean out a litterbox either.
    If you get a Teacup sized dog, then it might even be smaller than getting a cat.
    We don't have her any more; but our little Pom was only about 5 lbs. of pure fluff. However, we lived out in the country, and something (probably a large hawk or a coyote) just grabbed her and disappeared, with never a trace to be found.
    So, if you live where you need to be concerned about predators getting your pet, then a cat might still be safer, since it can use a litter box and never needs to go outside unless you want to allow it to do that.
    image.jpeg

Chris Ladewig likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you need six cats, Frank!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with you on apartments should allow pets more. It really is often the pet owner, not the pet that may be the problem. I hope you will be able to have a pet some day.

The town I live in is actually much more pet friendly than it was when I moved here over 20 years ago in relation to renting with pets.

My tabby loves to crawl into small boxes. When I have a empty cereal or large enough cracker box, I open both ends and she loves to crawl part way in and hang out there. She seems to especially like it if I pet her while she's half in the box. Not sure what's up with that.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley Sorry, Joe, no image shows up, just an "X". Frank

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

dunno why it disappeared

[​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley Gee! Hopefully they are de-clawed!!

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)Thanks. I found this article to help cat owners understand about their cats and small spaces:
    http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-ex...-like-to-sleep-in-small-boxes-and-tiny-spaces .
    Cats are so neat I like them a lot!

Kitty Carmel likes this.