Multi-billionaire Donald Trump: 2016 Announcement

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Avigail David, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Pat Davis likes this.
  2. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the info, Brittany....Good news! :) Many voter's sent a message that they were not happy with the way the government was running, and Pres. Obama and many members of congress ignored the message, and things have stayed the same. Trump deals with the message in his speeches....he is a breath of fresh air.
    July 09, 2015, 12:48 pm

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  3. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Now Trump is getting threats from the Mexican drug lord who dug his way out of a Mexican prison. He warned Trump he would be sorry about about what he said about Mexico. Trump has called in the FBI to investigate the threat.

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Brittany Houser

Registered

The sad thing is, with our wide open borders (Thanks Prez!), they may not be idle threats. Who ever would have believed that our level of security would be so low, or our freedoms so much in danger? I wish people would somehow wake up, and see the threat this administration presents to our very foundation of liberty!

5. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

When it comes to Donald Trump I would simply say that presidential elections come and go, with each and every of them having a clown; for this election Trump is the clown

To me, as simple as that, and nothing to care about him. Clowns usually end up where they belong in, the circus, not the White House.

6. Brittany Houser

Registered

Unless they're of the evil clown genre. Then they get elected for two terms, e.g., Clinton and Obama. :D

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Donald Trump seems to certainly be the one who is getting the most attention at this point, good or bad. I don't know how he would do as a president; but I would certainly prefer him to the president we have now. That one (in my so humble opinion) is the real clown. Or maybe PUPPET would be a better word for him. At least Trump seems to be pullng his own strings.

The person that I prefer is still Rand Paul. He appears to have a good head on his shoulders, is not dramatic, and stands up for what he believes is right, while still being diplomatic.
    As for calling Donald Trump a clown @Carlota Clemens , I do not think that I would ever think anyone who wanted to help America become great again was a clown. I may not admire all of the theatrics; but it will probably get him some votes, and he does seem to stand up for our country.
    You can't fault a man for doing that !

8. Yvonne Smith

The latest thing that they have been accusing Trump of doing is saying that John McCain was not a war hero. From what i have read, he was actually saying that it was what McCain is doing/not doing right now that he does not like. He pointed out all of the veterans who have been neglected by the VA hospital, and many have died due to the neglect. It appears that Senator McCain didn't do much to help his fellow vets; so actually, Trump was probably standing up for the vets.
    Here is another article that I just read today. It is by Lew Rockwell, who is a conservative journalist. He points out some of the things in McCain's history that are not usually talked about.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/07/no_author/john-mccain-is-no-hero/

9. Brittany Houser

Registered

WOW Yvonne! Thank you for clarifying a lot of things for me! I always knew I couldn't stand McCain, but now I am really repulsed by him! I agree that he is a progressive. I've often wondered why he didn't just go ahead and change parties!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Bring Mr Trump on. Let him duke it out with who ever is running for the Republican ticket. I think he could hold his own. I would support him.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  11. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me for intruding in your political affair but I had read in a news website that Donald Trump is now ahead in the race for nomination in the Republican party. That is despite Mr. Trump's pronouncement on the negative points against Mexicans. The news said that not all Mexicans hated Trump for that statement and what about those who hated Mexicans? Well, politics is really a messy thing and if I were as rich as Trump more likely I would just go on a world tour and enjoy my riches.

12. Yvonne Smith

I think we have all been wondering why Donald Trump decided to run for president. Was he just having a fling because he could afford to do it ? Was he serious about what he is saying, and really wants to see America be back on its feet again ?
    No one really knows why he is doing this, but so far he is in the lead, which I think also amazed most of us.

One thing I have wondered about with all of the candidates that have applied for the Republican nomination, is whether it will just split the Republican votes and thus we will likely be stuck with Hillary as our next president (shudder), or whether it maybe means that we actually have people running who want to be a good president.

Today on the radio, they were talking about Trump having a close relationship with the Clintons, and if what they are saying is actually the truth, then that might be the answer as to why Donald Trump suddenly decided to run for President.
    We are going to be watching the debates tonite with interest, too, as I am sure many of us will be doing.
    Even the Liberal Democrats will probably be watching Fox (regretfully though), since that it who will be hosting the debates.

13. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I feel that the candiates like to tell us what they know we want to hear. The president does not make all of the decisions on his own, we do have a congress that has to agree or disagree with his decisions and desires making it a battle on both sides. I think all of the presidents had a desire to do more than they have been able to do because of all of the people they have to work with to get the job done.

14. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched both debates yesterday. In the early debate Carly Fiorina was the most impressive and the clear winner. I think Bobby Jindal did well too.
    It the late debate I didn't see any winner. They all had good moments and overall seemed pretty even. I think Donald Trump did well but I think some of the others will gain some on his lead. It will be interesting to see the next poll numbers.

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I also watched both debates. I thought Carly Florin did the better job. I was surprised the Texas ex-governor could talk so long with flubbing up. I glad they all had podiums to lean or hold on to. In the main event it seemed to me everybody was waiting to hear what Trump would say. I thought Bush should up least and the surprise of the evening for me was the Ohio Governor.