Mr. Trump, You Can't Do That In The White House!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't that the truth. All of it. I was wondering when obama is busy repealing these things, how long does it take for it to actually take effect? With this last thing @Bobby Cole told us about, the repeal of the "wet foot dry foot" (is that name for real??) it's almost like the senate HIS senate gave him the power to be a dictator.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup, that's the real name. Of course there's a couple of "articles and pages and paragraphs" attached but wet foot, dry foot is the name.
    The democratic senate did give Obama a lot more power but what they didn't count on is that their pick of the litter didn't get the presidency and then it was too late to do anything about their previous setup.

In truth, as @Ken Anderson said, there is a type of revolution going on but (there's always a but or a butt) as long as the Republican Party stays in agreement for most of the bills Trump wishes to repeal, then the revolution can continue. Thus far, they've managed to approve his choices of cabinet members but not without a fight from the Dems. Proposed actions like the "wall" and immigration laws will have a definite affect on the ability of the Republican Party to successfully function if they do not keep it together.
    What might tip the scales in the near future will be how congress treats the lobbyists and tagging when it comes to propositional bills. The old guard is used to getting their pockets lined with seed money and as long as it continues the dems stand a chance of regaining the senate when they start revealing who is on the take and/or has some conflicts of interests not discounting how many republicans they can temporarily convert to their way of thinking.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, so what I'm hearing is that Trump will get the same power from the senate, unless those things give to obama are taken away somehow. Good if he can keep them. He'll sure put his power to better purpose, I have faith that he will do just that. There was a guy, 88 years old, and dying, and he's been part of a political board for years. One of his last post says something like, don't ever let them have control again. Probably wishful thinking, but I think that would be a good, dying wish too.

Bobby Cole likes this.