Mr. Trump, You Can't Do That In The White House!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that he will be hampered by the outgoing administration in as many ways as they can do it because there is a lot of opposition to the things that Donald Trump wants to do to make America great again. He will overcome the things he is able to overcome, and do his best for this country; but no one is perfect, and not everything that he wants to do will happen, mainly because of the resistance from the left wing politicians.
    The thing that impresses me is that this is a man who had NO reason to change his already luxurious and successful lifestyle to be treated so disgracefully as he has been treated while running for president.
    The reason that he gives, of loving this country, and believing that we need a Donald Trump at the helm, to try and regain what we have lost (and are losing each day), seems to be the only reason for him to expose himself to everything that he has been through this past year.
    I am still concerned that he will not be allowed to make it though his presidency; but if he does, then I think that this country will be better off again.

Sheldon Scott and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't entirely agree with your reasoning Yvonne ................
    I can easily see that Mr. Trump would want to be President, it's the icing on the cake for a man like him and he feels
    he can handle any situation and anyone that stands in his way
    He has mainly done that in business, bit this is a different kettle of fish
    I truly hope the faith that has been put in him will manifest to be correct and he is doing this for the 'right' reasons
    It really is a wait and see ..............

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I can only say that if I were him, I would probably have dropped out long since, if I even tried to run, @Patsy Faye . Trump has had threats on his life several times, and been saved by the guards around him, plus he has received threats for his family's life and safety.
    He has been the center of a vicious smear campaign on both himself, his work ethics, and (again) his family. Even though everything was lies, most people here only read the headlines and didn't investigate to see what was actually TRUE in what was said and written about Trump, and so they just believed those lies and insults that were being spread around.
    Even now, there is the possibility that he will be assassinated before taking office. You name it, he has been subjected to it.
    Truly, this has been a terrible time in his life, and not a joyful one. He is at the age where most people would just relax, enjoy their lifestyle, and let the money continue to roll in, and not the time when a person would mount a physically exhausting campaign just for the honor of saying that he was president.
    Most of the fight is still ahead of him, as he tries to rebuild everything that has been destroyed here, as well as relations with our allies in foreign countries, especially Russia and Israel; so he has more hard work coming up than he has already been through.

Holly Saunders and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ah, I hope you're not upset with me Yvonne because I am on your side and all that voted for Trump
    We want change here too
    We are relying on the new PM who is different to the rest and 'seems' to have our interests, and not the EUs at heart
    Again a wait and see, but she does instil faith, so I do understand

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

It's really obvious to me that Trump is busy "doing" NOW. While others are trying to tear him down, or like obama "smearing crap all over the bathroom walls" of the Whitehouse (just an analogy that fits well with what he is busy doing with his little, black pen), Trump is working towards his goals (promises) to America. Instead of whining, worrying, complaining about what others are doing or not doing, he's busy getting things done and he's done this his whole life.

This is a man I'll support, follow, and trust his decisions. @Sheldon Scott said it just right,

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I love the way you stand up for Trump @Yvonne Smith You said it all better than I could. The thing I think that some folks are baffled by is how so many of us so respect Donald J. Trump. I believe he is just what this country needed, a man "of" the people, and "for" the people. When I think of President Elect Trump, all his money doesn't enter into my mind. I see where some still have a problem with that, because he is rich in material things he can't possibly relate to the common man/woman. Where I see him relating totally because all his money and fame has not changed him into eccentric freak that doesn't care about people. He's still a regular guy, imperfect, but perfect to lead this country out of mess.

No one thinks that Trump can accomplish all he wants to in such a short time, and I'm already looking around to see if there is anyone that might pick up where he "has" to leave off. Someone to pass the baton too. He had it all, and was smart enough to know exactly what he was getting into, but he wanted to do it. I did not see anyone else at all that could help "rescue" this country from falling further and further into corruption in government.

I'm thrilled we the people have given him the chance to help us, and I have total faith he IS helping us already, and will. Of course no matter what he does for America, some will still doubt him, bad-mouth him, spread lies, and even try to kill him.

But he's a winner, and I'm so glad I saw that early on;)

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

We are being trashed by the "outgoing" because dirty people fight dirty. If CNN isn't history before too long, I'd be surprised, or at the very least, I suggest they change their tune;)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This coming Thursday and on will be interesting. We really hope he does make some big changes......we need them!!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

15747857_10154967889837682_2615049779537822745_n.jpg Ivanka Trump
    January 11 at 1:30pm ·
    When my father takes office as the 45th President of the United States of America, I will take a formal leave of absence from The Trump Organization and my eponymous apparel and accessories brand. I will no longer be involved with the management or operations of either company.

I have appointed Abigail Klem as president to lead my brand. She will work with a board of trustees to manage the strategic and day-to-day operations of the business; I am confident that under her leadership the company will continue creating smart, solution-oriented product and content. My brothers will oversee The Trump Organization, and I know that in their capable hands the business will thrive.

My husband, Jared, and I will be moving with our family to Washington, D.C., where Jared will serve as Senior Advisor to the President. I plan to take time to settle our three young children into their new home and schools.

I'm grateful for the overwhelming amount of outreach I've received from people all across America who have shared their stories and offered to extend their ideas and expertise in the areas I am deeply passionate about, including the education and empowerment of women and girls; leveling the playing field for female entrepreneurs and job creators and unleashing the potential of women in the workplace. I am eager to hear more from them as I determine the most impactful and appropriate ways for me to serve our country.

Thank you to those of you who've lent your voices and perspective. To those of you I’ve yet to meet, I look forward to working with you and for you.

Trump will be doing lots of things other President's did not do in the White House...including having his Son-in-Law as his Senior Advisor. Maybe Trump will be grooming him for a future Presidency?
    One thing for sure...I don't think there will be to many dull moments or stagnant ones either with Trump as our new President.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh "I hope a Revolution in the U.S. doesn't start because of him. "

Why? Wasn't his getting elected in the first place an obvious result of "revolution"? Perhaps his efforts have driven America closer to that brink than any since 1776. It could be a GOOD thing!
    Frank

Denise Evans and Sheldon Scott like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think that a quiet revolution has occurred, in that this is the first time in my lifetime that the voters chose their own president rather than allowing themselves to be manipulated by the political parties, the newspapers, and the talking heads on television. Unfortunately, history shows us that not all revolutions turn out well and in this particular revolution, the enemy is still in place scheming to reverse it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In order to bypass Obama's greatest enemies, the filibuster and defunding of the government, the Senate gave Obama more power to enact law through executive order. He no longer had to consult with the Senate or the House on what folks might consider to be minor changes which lead to a lot of Supreme Court jurisdiction rulings.
    The Democrat majority Senate also instilled the "nuclear vote" which enabled the Senate to pass law by a 51% vote rather than the traditional 60%. The good thing is that the nuclear vote was never repealed and the new republican majority can use it to repeal many of Obama's free lance laws.

All in all what I am saying is that if the Senate hadn't given Obama sooooo much power there wouldn't have been such an upheaval of dismay from the republicans. Obama had never tasted the type of power that he obtained by being elected president while Trump has been a powerful figure all of his adult life so this is just another step, a giant step mind you, but nonetheless a step that Trump is used to.
    At this time though, Obama does maintain a 53% (or some such) approval rating and Trump, while not even president yet, has the lowest approval rating in the history of the presidency.

Don't know if that makes anyone feel good or bad but like the cop said on dragnet, "just the facts mam, just the facts".

Ken Anderson and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - my Dad had Dragnet on a 78 rpm recording, so funny it was, I can hear it now ! :p

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Can't agree more Frank;) Well said!!

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Don't mention that too loud or Obama might try to repeal the nuclear vote:(

And wow, that 3rd paragraph is so right on!!