More States Allowing Carry Concealed Handguns Without Permit

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Here is the 2-minute long infamous scene from "McQ" at the end of which John Wayne supports his suppressor-equipped MAC-10 on his arm on the window sill, firing full-automatic at the bad guys' car. It appeared to be the 9mm model, judging by the small hole in the suppressor. Frank

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I love this guy! Here's the scene when Wayne is introduced to the MAC-10:

And the better beach scene, which I had forgotten about:

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, @Chrissy Cross, I just talk that way sometimes, saying "dude". Unfortunately, a person just doesn't know when someone could get offended by what someone else says, the words they use. I don't like hearing the words "my old man" or "my old lady", but, with some groups of people, those phrases have been around for years.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let you know, with respect, my wife works a full-time job during the week. We only "hang out" together at night and on weekends. Your relationship was the best for you, but a lot of couples do like to do many, many things together. Some couples just don't require in a marriage what other couples do..........that's just a fact. You weren't into firearms and he was. That's just the way your marriage was. Now, if a person was to go to Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, parts of Colorado and Texas, the entire family is into firearms, I like that.

My step-mom didn't have a thing to do with my step-dads few firearms/rifles. They got me a Daisy Pump BB Gun when I was a Sophomore in high school to shoot all the Sparrows I could find on the farm. They would make a mess (crap) all over farm equipment. And, being in the military, I was around firearms. My wife's mother use to go deer hunting in Michigan when she was young. Brought down a nice "point" deer. My wife was very excited when she got her Ruger 10/.22 rifle. She loves shooting.

Ina I. Wonder and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I didn't like leaving my kids with sitters, yes your wife works but her job ends at 5-6...a parent's doesn't.

When I lived in Hungary and my kids were out of the house than we could do what we wanted.

My sister and her family live in Colorado and don't go shooting. They might have one for protection but that's it, they like hiking and outdoor type activities.

I'd feel smothered if I had to do everything with my husband....I don't think that's healthy.

When the kids were young we did things as a family...of course their were times when we did things together...it was a well rounded relationship.

There's nothing wrong with the word dude in the right context....but calling my late husband one isn't it, neither is old man.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, I'm going to end this here, because we just have a difference in our opinion about marriage and no use hassling each other about it. Your sister and family are just one family living in Colorado, not the entire state of Colorado. There are many families that live on ranches/farms in Colorado that do shoot firearms.
    You think it's unhealthy to do a lot, or too many things with a husband, whereas there are those couples that are retired that do pretty much just that.......even on this forum.
    Yes, I called your late husband "dude". I didn't think anything about it. I will repeat this, some people get offended when a certain word is put into a context they don't think is appropriate, but, at the time I said it, I didn't think it was inappropriate. IOW, I don't know you other than on this forum. Don't necessarily know your "likes and dislikes". Not the first time I've call a guy "dude". And, I didn't call him "old man".

So, let's end this here and move on with the OP. Thanks.

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The point I was making is you can't compare apples and oranges. You aren't a young couple with children to raise, I was.

I do know there are people in Colorado that have ranches and shoot, I was just speaking for my family.

Dude is what my 18 yr old grandson would say to a buddy...hey dude...or just plain dude...it's slang and fine in some instances but this wasn't one of them in my opinion.

The end.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know that it's so much of a regional thing either. I grew up in the UP of Michigan. Pretty much everyone hunted, except the wives. I don't know of any of my aunts or other women in the area who hunted or used guns in any way. My mom didn't even have any interest in going out to our hunting camp, and I don't know that she ever even saw it or knew where it was. It's not that she was an indoor sort of person. She knew where all the best places to find flowers and berries were, and wasn't at all afraid to wander through the swampy area around the creek to find buttercups. I was surprised the first time I found out she knew her way around the woods surrounding our house. There were a few girls my age in school who hunted, but they were unusual in that.

9. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe that hunting has become much more acceptable a pastime now for women. Think Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games for starting a trend.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

11. Ken Anderson

As an interesting aside about Texas, until recently it was legal to carry a rifle (long gun) in public, and it was legal to carry a handgun in the open, but it was illegal to carry a concealed weapon.