Mobile Phone Usage In Cars

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Patsy Faye, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I also don't think that you can put bad drivers into one age group. My grandson has been driving since he turned 16 and there isn't even a scratch on his car and no tickets either.

My daughter when she turned 16 and was driving and was T boned on the driver's side by an old lady that ran a stop sign. Thankfully she wasn't hurt but the car was totaled and it was only a few weeks old.

When they looked at her record, it showed she had a few accidents that were her fault. Think she was 80.

That accident upset me so much that I still remember her name...Millicent. My daughter was going to the store for me and a little later 2 policemen show up at my door and tell me my daughter was in accident, they didn't know how she was and they were driving me to the scene. As we got near I see a tow truck hauling my totaled car away, I almost fainted.

Ever since I've been leary of the older drivers.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think it's against the law here state-wide, but there are bans in certain areas when in school zones. Since I don't have a cell plan, I tend not to use my cell phone when driving, other than to have it record my information for car insurance purposes.

When I was working with the foster children, the company had a policy that we had to return calls within 10 minutes. Back then, they would page us, and expect us to find our cell phones, answer or listen to the message, then call them back, all while driving around the area, mainly on the freeways. I thought that was one of the stupidest policies I'd ever heard of, and told them so. I got in trouble for violating that a few times, and eventually left, because I couldn't abide by that or a few of their other policies.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

How time does change and the laws are always behind. When I was young the only phone was in the house and if you wanted to call and you were not at home you looked for a pay phone. Now you are out of place if you have not got at least one cell phone. The next stop is people will want a chip put in their babies so they can connect into the internet 24/7. There is something sick about that but it will probably happen because they will convince the parents that someone might steal your child so you need to track them.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, I'm sure I could figure out how to engage the speaker phone if I wanted to but I'm the only one on the road if I'm using it.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm the only one on the road when I'm speeding also...but got a ticket anyway. There was also a cop hiding. :)