Missing Daughter

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Corie Henson, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is about my husband who couldn't find his daughter. Here is the short story. His daughter was taken to the US by his ex wife. It is their agreement, no pending issue. After 2 years, my husband went to San Jose, CA in time for the 8th birthday of his only daughter. He asked his daughter if she wants to go home. Getting a NO for an answer, my husband had rested his case.

The last news my husband got from his daughter was when she was 18. Now the daughter is 35 years old. What's puzzling is that my husband couldn't track his daughter and even his ex. Making it more puzzling is that the siblings of his ex including the cousins of his daughter are all connected in Facebook but missing in the connection is his daughter and ex wife.

Any opinion? The last address of the daughter was in Elmhurst, New York.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh - that's an awful situation, I'm lost for words really
    If only one of her relatives was approachable, your Hubby could ask them ..........

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

It's got to be frustrating for him but there are people searches available on the internet some for a fee to really do an extensive search. Also if he is a member of Facebook he could just ask about her.

You really hate to speculate with these types of situations. I pray he finds her well and safe.

4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

This is sad and must be hard for him. I assume he has tried to contact all family he can find on the internet to inquire? Google search isn't helping? It's hard to completely disappear in this internet world.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Tough situation.

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Has he approached any of the individuals on Facebook to see if they have any information or could possibly get information for him?

7. Corie Henson

Registered

My husband has not openly talked about his search for he thinks that his ex may be doing the hiding intentionally. They were not in good terms when they separated and his ex-wife is a sadist of sorts, one who gets delighted when his enemy suffers. One time my husband messaged his ex-wife's older sister in Facebook and he got a response of "what's up." And when he replied to start a conversation, there was no answer anymore.

Can you imagine that my husband had checked on each and every friend (in Facebook) of his ex-wife's relative? Considering that it is normal for one to have 1,000 Facebook friends, that's no easy task. There is that probability that his daughter is using another name or a pseudonym so he checked one by one the profiles of those people connected to the relatives. But none fit the match.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think that most people have 1,000 friends on facebook. I have under 50, and many people have over 100; but I would think that very few people (unless they are well-known for some reason) would have 1,000 friends.
    It is possible that the reason that your husband can't see his ex-wife and daughter is because she has blocked him on Facebook.
    Even though she/they would show up to other people, they would not show up when your husband signed in and looked.
    Since he can see some of the family members; perhaps he can message them and just say that he would like to have contact with his daughter if she is willing, and ask if they would please at least give her that message.
    It is possible that she has never been told that her father would like to contact her, if her mother is vindictive, as you are suggesting, @Corie Henson .
    If another of your family members is on Facebook, they can look at the ex-wife's sister's page and see if she shows up for them. If she has not blocked your relative, then she might be able to see the ex show up in her sister's friends, even when you or your husband can't see that because you are blocked.
    Another idea is just to do a google search on the name, and see what might come up. Although the daughter might be married and her name changed by now, it is still worth trying, and doesn't cost to do that.

9. Corie Henson

Registered

Thank you for your advice. My husband used 3 different Facebook accounts in his search just in case he is blocked. Besides, he can't be identified because he has no account using his real name. Aside from messaging his ex's sister, he didn't dare to message the other siblings much more send friend requests. With the Google search, it yielded the old address in New York but that's all and no more details.

And with that willingness, I don't think my husband would have enough humility to ask his ex's siblings about his daughter since his daughter did not respond to his last letters. This is not to defend my husband but I have seen how he cared for people so I'm sure he genuinely cares for his daughter as well. It's not good for me to say but my husband insists that his ex has alienated his daughter to him that's why he was ignored.