Miss America Pageant Now A Competition, No Appearance Based Judging

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Miss America Pageant is now to be considered a competition. The swimsuit competition is scrapped, and there will be no appearance-based judging. In place of the swimsuit competition, contestants will now "take part in an interactive session with judges." Is this going to be like watching The View? Why don't they just cancel it? In my entire life, I have never watched it even once, and am not sure why anyone would bother.

2. Ken Anderson

I have a feeling this is going to work about as well as dropping the fold-outs from Playboy magazines which, by the way, I have never once purchased, with or without the fold-out. It turned out that people didn't buy it for the articles, after all.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh it's just ridiculous... Beauty contest have always been about the beauty form..in a swimsuit so most of the shape and form could be seen,...but covered modesty.. and then in a beautiful evening gown all dolled upp with fake hairpieces, and trowelled on make-up, and then a group of judges decide who is the ''most beautiful''...it's always been a farce, but all the time a certain type of woman thought they were being worshipped for their looks and body this thing worked, (god alone knows what they got out of it apart from maybe becoming a playboy bunny)... .. the ladies enter the contests of their own volition , ...and most of the time we quickly find out during their chat with the host that they have a plank for a brain... although certainly not all..but generally speaking it's the body beautiful which is the whole point of the Contest....so I personally can't see any point in the thing continuing.

I hasten to add I haven't watched a beauty contest in probably 40 years...

4. Ken Anderson

Having seen some excerpts, I am thinking that was probably the most entertaining part.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Miss America Pageant will now be an interview with Margaret Thatcher and Madeleine Albright. I doubt anyone will watch it. Maybe some who gender is in doubt will also enter.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No doubt Maxine Waters will wish to try out.

Dern, the problem with writing about something is it puts my brain's imaging devices into an extremely vivid mode which, as in the case of my initial statement, can be dangerous. It's a good thing the bathing suit part of it is deleted because that image might have been almost as bad as 9/11.
    argggg……...I need a pain killer!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Bobby, as probably the stupidest person in national public life, I don't think Maxine would make the finals. I think Maxine moved up when Barbara Boxer retired, who was the stupidest person in the Senate. Hillary might make it into the pageant, however.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Punishment! Pure and simple punishment for anything I have ever performed incorrectly. Brain meltdown is inevitable...….

9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Miss America Ruined by Feminists

10. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Years ago when I did watch this show, the women were in one piece bathing suits. I remember too that the Miss California pageant was held in Santa Cruz at the Civic Auditorium. Protests in the early 80's had a very large women paraded in a convertible.

No matter how they want to spin this, it is much about looks. If they get sponsors and still want to run it, I don't care.

11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

politico correctness insanity

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I suspect that they will change it back again when they see that people are staying away in droves. Money talks louder than political correctness.

Don Alaska and Kitty Carmel like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't watched or really cared about these pageants for a very long time....think last one I watched was with Bert
    Parks as host.

The women were never really the brightest or most talented...sometimes not even the prettiest. Sometimes you'd wonder how someone even won.

Miss Universe became political and I always felt the winning country was based on politics...plus what do I care about looking at women anyway? :)

Don Alaska and Kitty Carmel like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It's all about the talent, Chrissy....

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree as long as it keeps making money it's going to go on. If it doesn't than it will stop.

If there is no more evening gown competition, what are they going to parade around the stage in? Pants suits? Jeans? Shorter dresses? I'm almost interested in watching the next one to see how things change. From the last one I watched, probably back in the 80's.