Misfortunes In Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Corie Henson, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was schooled in a Catholic environment so my conservative mentality is not unexpected. I had a wonderful life in grade school. Being the youngest in a brood of 3, I seemed to get all the attention of everyone. Great, really.

And then the misfortune hit me in the face. My father has 12 children in all and not only 3 as what I had known all along. Worse, my father has a first wife where his 9 children belong to. That means my mother is not the legal wife. That revelation would have destroyed a 12 year old gilr but I am fortunate to be schooled by nuns that I had the power of prayer to prop me up in time of crisis. And that was one hell of a crisis that I was able to overcome.

Amy Read and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

What a shock indeed, Corie! 9 more siblings than you ever thought you had.

I also understand that with your religious upbringing all this was certainly most upsetting, especially for one so young.

It's so great to know how well you overcame, how successfull prayer has been for you.
    Thank you for sharing this example.

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, I'm sorry Corie, is this something you just found out? What a shock. Do you want to meet your half siblings? I think I would, AFTER I got over the shock. I feel sorry for your poor mom too. :(