Mike Pence To Swear On Reagan's Bible, Will Place Hand On 2 Chronicles At Inauguration

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Mike Pence to Swear on Reagan’s Bible, Will Place Hand on 2 Chronicles at Inauguration
    [​IMG]

17 JANUARY, 2017

When Vice President-elect Mike Pence gets sworn into office on Friday, he will place his hand on the same Bible and same Bible verse that former President Ronald Reagan used when he took his oaths of office. The Presidential Inaugural Committee announced in a press release Sunday that Pence, the former Republican governor of Indiana, will be the first public office holder since the 40th president of the United States to be sworn into office using the Reagan Family Bible.

Reagan used the Bible to be sworn in as governor of California and during his presidential inaugurations. “President Ronald Reagan placed his faith in a loving God and the goodness of our country. He set out to change a nation and in doing so, he changed the world. In the march of history, Ronald Reagan’s time in office was limited, but his legacy inspired a generation and will continue beyond,” Pence said in a statement. READ MORE

During the oath, the Bible will be opened to 2 Chronicles 7:14, which is the same passage that was used during Reagan's inaugurations.

The verse reads:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

As a Christian who believes we definitely need to bring God back into America instead of trying to erase Him from our Country, I am glad to hear that our Vice President is "inviting" God to the Inauguration. :)

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is just awesome , @Babs Hunt , thank you for sharing this with us ! This has always been one of my favorite verses, and it is especially appropriate for America (and the whole world, actually) right now. We need to turn from the wickedness that is going on all around us' but the ones doing the violence are not one who are following the Lord.

Denise Evans and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

That Pence has mental and repressed sexual abnormalities which prevents him from acting normal in mixed company. That he has some mental defect,maybe taken off the breast to soon, that causes an unnatural relationship with his wife.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

You are one sick individual.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No personal attacks, @Al Amoling . I know that political threads can get hot; but try to stay on the topic and not attack the person.

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

He has no0 medical training and yet is qualified to say what he did???
    I'm out of here

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So, you’re writing that I, me, myself, moi have an unnatural relationship with my wife because I call her mama at times and will not be alone with a woman other than my wife?

As a man of good integrity, I give men kudos when they not only keep their Christian values but are also smart to keep themselves from a compromising position which might lead to mass assumptions such as the ones you display.

Assumptions especially when in the field of psycho-babble lead to a lot of corrupt untruths. (or lies as it were)

8. Peter Renfro

Registered

My wife and I both know without a doubt that I will not come on to any woman nor fall victim to any woman's advances. There can be no innuendo because there is no cause for it. That is what being married and loving another does for you. There is no question.

I think it is weird for a man to refer to his wife as mother mommy mama. Just as I have never understood the phrase "Daddy" when spoken by a wife or girlfriend. It just brings to mind a "nasty" relationship.
    No when speaking to my children I have said things like "check with Mom" or "if it is ok with mother", but never in the other way, to me it is just creepy!

9. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I understood Peter's misinterpretation and thought of jumping in. Glad I didn't. Peter, It's not so easy to admit mistakes. I know. I make a lot of them.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere Pete. YOU find it creepy but I will guarantee that a major portion of us old timers do not and may I add, are quite comfortable in our skin in that we are just as sane as you.
    Just as I do not hold it against anyone’s character for finding the word(s) creepy, I can’t imagine my own character being doubted by the use of it.

Now, in the case of being with another woman sans my wife. In the Christian community we are told to do NOTHING that APPEARS sinful. I had to capitalize those words to place more emphasis on them because there are those who are reading this who sometimes forget that major point.
    It’s not about intentions nor trust but it does have everything to do with our beliefs and what we wish others around us to perceive.

My wife knows I am trustworthy but I have a couple of rules when it comes to my renters. (1) I will not enter a house when no one is there. (2) I will not enter a house where there is a lone female. I prefer to do business with men so if one is handy, a man should be there or I will schedule a time when one is there.

Remember, do nothing that appears sinful.

11. Dwight Ward

Registered

My mother and father called each other Mother and Father. It's not so unusual with southern people, especially.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

13. Peter Renfro

Registered

I don't blame you a bit for not entering a female tenants home without witness,or at the least the door being left open.
    I just do not under stand how you would take on guilt where there is none. If being alone with the opposite sex, somehow entitles other"Christians" to judge or spread rumors, then I guess I am happy not to be a member.
    Does not the only one that counts, (God,The Lord),know that there was no sin,to be atoned for?
    I guess I don't understand a lot of things. I always taught my children to live their lives in an open and upright manner,so that they would owe no one an explanation. I guess that I always assumed that this was something religious people strove for also.

14. Dwight Ward

Registered

Peter, you have a pretty good moral grounding, from what I can tell. The thing with Christians.and appearances isn't mysterious. If you avoid the appearance of sin it's much less likely that you will really sin. It's true and practical.

15. Peter Renfro

Registered

With all due respect Dwight that is bull. My wife and I are friends with a couple. have known them for thirty years.His wife and I love bluegrass, he and my wife are rock an roll only. Her and I have gone to several shows together over the years. We see each other in town we grab a coffee together. Is it an appearance of sin for visiting with a woman other than my wife? What sin are we committing? Who makes the judgement on what is sin. Sounds awfully Old Testament to me.
    The Bishops in charge of most of the Amish,(there are several orders) in this area have decided that single persons cannot ride in a covered buggy except as a family unit. May be universal, may be not, but an open Amish conveyance no matter the weather,signifies an unmarried operator. Love is strong, Couples riding in blizzards covered in snow are not uncommon.

Yvonne Smith likes this.