Migration, Or Invasion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Diane Lane, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Interesting volley to say the least. Perhaps this might help out a bit:
    http://homelesshub.ca/resource/state-homelessness-canada-2014

And then let us go here:
    http://www.coalitionforthehomeless.org/state-homeless-2015/

The United States and Canada cannot even take care of our / their own citizens but want to open up the gates for further problems. But, it seems that both governments want to show the world how compassionate we are but yet the neighboring Muslim countries of Syria want nothing to do with the refugees. It's obvious that the neighboring countries recognize the problems so why doesn't ours?

If we cannot afford to take care of and make room for our own citizens, particularly our homeless military veterans, how the heck are we supposed to make room for a mass homeless population from another country?

BTW.......In my estimation, since the refugees are probably going to come no matter what the general population says, I think it would be appropriate if those who really want to help them be ready and waiting at the gate when they get off of the plane. Find them a place to live (your home perhaps) open up your wallet and make sure they have food, clothes, education, language and culture counciling, and in general be their total sponsor. In other words, volunteer to get your hands dirty first before forcing others to do what you may not want to do.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Nearly seventy arrested in the United States, and they include refugees. Even scarier though, are the ones who were born and raised here, some of whom appear to be near idiots, with no idea of what they were getting into, yet capable of causing great harm.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. Ken Anderson

Coming soon, to a city near you.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Buy lots of bullets.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One of the great things about our country Ken, is that there are a few hundred thousand old, but trained vets who do not answer to the president but to the flag of the U.S. and do not mind defending her with whatever arms we may have stashed. I'm not one to break the law, but the 2nd amendment will always stand even if it is repealed. If the crooks seem to be the only ones with a weapon, folks can start calling me "crooked preacherbob" because.........uh, ya'll get the gist.

BTW......The video was a good reminder of what we may have to face. They (the refugees or whatever) looked like lava spewing from a volcano. Deadly stuff in need of getting rid of. Pardon my lack of compassion at this point.
    IMHO, if we took some of our present resources and got rid of the califate and everyone connected (ISIS and the Taliban) we wouldn't have to worry about any refugees. We could just help them rebuild their own countries, or not.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

A point I'm surprised not to hear is that in WWll, the Viet Nam war, and every war we've had, that when our young men tried to buy their way out, or they tried to leave our country to avoid having to fight for their country, we prosecuted them as traitors, deserters, or draft dodgers. So why do would we think it is ok for Syria's healthy young men to be able to walk away from their country. Why are we even considering that these would be people of value to our country?

It seems that many people are blindly assuming that the people in the middle east all have the same hopes and dreams of finding peace and freedom in America that our earlier immigrants did. The people in the migration that is going on right now in Europe, is not the same. They don't want to be productive citizens of new countries such as Germany. They want to eradicate the German culture and replace it with their own. They want to do this world wide. They are yelling these truth at us at the top of their lungs, yet many of us are saying, "Aw, they don't mean it that way." This is actually like watching someone burn down the neighbor's, or even your own house, and then saying, "Oh, he was confused".

These people did not grow up being taught to 'love thy neighbor'. They were taught that all that do not except their beliefs, must be eradicated. They grew up with cruelty and blood everywhere, so why don't these so call sympathizers get that their behavior is not like ours? If they are only taught war, then war is the only thing they know how to carry with them, and if they were never taught peace, why do we insist that they even want it, much less want to learn it?

8. Ken Anderson

Excellent point! We are expected to believe that these poor young men are fleeing to a country where they can be free and escape domination by ISIS yet, for the most part, they are leaving the women and children behind and once they arrive at a Western country, they immediately begin complaining about the conditions there, and over cultural matters that offend them. We are also supposed to believe that Islamic terrorists make up only a very small percentage of the Islamic people. Why then don't these young men stay in their own country and fight to make it what they would like it to be?

9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Every morning I wake up and turn on the TV for the news. And every day I hope the big story of the day will be that the military has arrested Obama and his administration and taken temporary control of the government. And, every day I'm disappointed.

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Hannah Davis The brothers responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombing were not Americans. They were children of someone who came to the USA seeking asylum. Here's a passage from a HuffPost article on them: "Asylees and refugees share one thing in common: a fear of persecution in the their country of origin. But they differ in important ways. Most importantly, an asylee is self-selected--he arrives in the country from which he's seeking status and applies for asylum. Under international law, people with a well-founded fear of persecution cannot be returned to their country of origin."

Ironically, their parent 'aslyee' supposedly feared persecution in the country of origin, yet the brothers persecuted Americans after being welcomed in and given welfare. Their response was to kill and maim innocent people. Here's a link to the article.

11. Ken Anderson

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  12. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

You guys are starting to get me into trouble. See, education can sometimes get you into things you'd never think of, so here's what happened. I had to go into my auto dealership and get my car serviced today, and there was a young man in the service waiting room where about six women were watching the TV. I pulled out my iPad, and started to check my emails. I guess the news program had said something about Texas not wanting the Syrians to come here, and that today the paper work was beng sent to the senate. Next thing I notice is this young man pontificating about how wrong that was in today's world.

Well I 'had to' go and pull up the video that started this thread, and I also read him some of these post as he brought up some of the same arguments we saw here, and even one of my own, (The one about this country prosecuting young men that ran away from their service obligations.), when he said that my age group didn't know what we were talking about. After a good 40 minutes, the young man got up and left before his car was serviced.

Those that were left in the waiting room just smiled at me. I don't know if they agreed with me, or if they just were hoping I wouldn't continue. I didn't, that young man just irritated me.

Oh yeah, my car is all cleaned and ready to go.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I am Ina...hear me ROAR! :) good for you!

14. Ken Anderson

A New York Syrian leader has some things to say about the efficacy of vetting Syrian refugees, and about the presence of ISIS in America.

For example:

“Third World countries, particularly places like Syria, do not have the network of information the United States has,” he commented. “In Syria, there’s no such thing. So when they tell you that [the refugees] are vetted, are you out of your mind?”

15. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry this is so large. One of these days I'll learn how to reduce photos...

11693921_1003202129739348_4244875520773584729_n.jpg