Migration, Or Invasion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Diane Lane, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I think we all know by now that the media only shows certain portions of the information they gather/observe, so they can shape the opinions of viewers, based on a specific agenda. I see news from all over, through various sources, and don't rely on on just one point of view. Here's an interesting video, and I've seen footage like that shown in the video from multiple other sources. https://cqrcengage.com/act/app/document/10244702

Ina I. Wonder and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It seems clear to me that the migrations are intended to populate the entire earth with radical Muslims. For one thing, there are very few women and children, most men of military age, and they surely are not acting as immigrants might be expected to act. Rather than being grateful for whatever someone is willing to do for them, there has been no end of complaints and demands.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember that the first time I've seen Muslims was some 10 years ago. Metro Manila is a Christian place and the Muslims live in Mindanao, a 2-hour plane ride from here. Maybe the distance is the factor why Muslims couldn't be seen then. But now, they are almost everywhere. Even in our village, there is a mosque, huh. Go to the mall and Muslim traders and vendors are there, they mostly sell electronic gadgets. They are the masters of pirated music and movies. But that's another story.

So now what do we feel about the coming of Muslims to town? It is an invasion of territory because their arrival is obviously organized. I wonder what comes next.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It appears that our president still wants to bring in the Syrians even after it is being proved out that at least some of them are militants.
    Thankfully, the governors of the states are now balking at taking in any of the Syrians, and each time they show it on the news, it looks like more states are standing up against having these people just dumped in their states.

I also agree that we are being flooded with militants and rebels coming in under the guise of being refugees.
    However, there is something else about this whole thing that really upsets me.
    We have so many homeless vets here in the United States, and other people who are either homeless, or sturggling to keep the home they are living in.
    Why should we have a program that brings in these foreigners (with a whole different culture as well) and put them in houses, give them all the benefits the government has available, and then leave people who have lived here all of their lives, and NEED help, with none of these benefits, and dependant on rescue missions to have a place to sleep at night.
    @Abby Normal is one who comes to mind, and there are many veterans who are waiting for medical help, not to mention a disability pension for what happened to them when they served our country.

To my mind, these are the people we should be helping. Even the Bible (1st Tim) says we are supposed to take care of our family first, and to our country, WE are the family.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's also quite clear that once these immigrants (those who don't blow themselves up in our malls and entertainment venues) will be offered a free education and once they have been cleared to work, the path will be laid for them to be given priority over native born Americans.

6. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

In Canada we view Muslims differently. We have ten Muslim members of parliament. One of our cabinet ministers is a Muslim woman born in Afghanistan. We are a nation of immigrants--with the exception of our First Peoples I realise my views may not be popular on this forum, but I hope we can courteously agree to disagree.

Ina I. Wonder and Tom Locke like this.
  7. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not always enthused by some of the things we do in Scotland, but I'm heartened and proud of the fact that we are welcoming many refugees from Syria. The Isle of Bute, off our west coast, is small, but is welcoming 15 families. Scotland has a history of looking after the dispossessed - our population includes many people descended from Italian, Ukrainian and Polish people that were displaced during the Second World War.

8. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Tom I read the article about Bute and their willingness to embrace the Syrian refugees. Well done Scotland. It reaffirms my faith in the humanity of most human beings, who can open their hearts to the oppressed and dispossessed when necessary. We should be humbled and follow suit.

Tom Locke likes this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure many of the French and the rest of Europe thought the same way.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  10. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Hmmm. Let us not confuse lunatic fringe with moderate Muslims. Islamophobia plays right into ISIL's hands. Divide and conquer through fear. We will defeat this madness through unity and strength, not through surrendering our

humanity. Isolationism will fracture our ability to work together to crush this terrorist threat. I will support properly vetting refugees before allowing them into the country. I will not support abandoning innocent children to starvation

and death. The United Church of Canada, our "state" church, supports sponsoring Syrian refugees. In my small town, at least two families are expected ASAP. With our new Prime Minister, things will move more quickly. I have gathered several boxes of things that our new citizens will need. Many of us donate.

Tom Locke likes this.
  11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Just the same, the USA is getting flooded with illegals from our open border to the south. We just can't afford nor need to be flooded with Europe's overflow of muslims at this time.
    I've seen the photos of sad little children. Every unpopular idea uses photos of suffering little children to break down opposition. The open southern border supporters do, the muslim refugee supporters do, the gun control people do. The only ones who I've never seen do it are the abortion people.
    I don't like seeing children suffer either, nor do I like seeing children being trained in how to kill as soldiers of whatever warped ideology they were raised under. You invite that into your country with these refugees.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  12. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

So many of the "refugees" from Syria seem to be able men suitable for military service this poses a question in my mind:

If the situation in Syria was happening in the United States of America would you run to another country for asylum as a refugee or would you stay and fight for you country and your way of life? I think I know what most Americans would do.

What would you do?

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Sache, we are also a nation of immigrants, as well as having taken in refugees from many countries over the years of America's existance.
    We continue to do so.
    However, the immigrants that came here before were people who were thankful to be in America, and appreciated the freedoms that we have here. They studied our culture, our history, and did their best to become productive citizens. This is all well and good.

However, the situation that we now face , is that we have an open border to the south of us. People from many other countries are coming in across that border.
    You have the United States as your southern border, so you would not have this same problem as we are now having.
    These people that are coming in do not want to become a part of our culture. They want to bring their own cultures, but enjoy our freedoms, and some want to take over this country, our Homeland.

Now, we have the even worse threat of militant extremists being brought here , and by our own government. This is not innocent women and children, the ones that are leaving their own country and coming here are ones that should be there and fighting for their OWN country, as @Sheldon Scott mentioned.
    Even worse, there are thousands of Christian refugees who are being beheaded, tortured and killed, each and every day, by the Muslim extremists, and we are not allowing them to come here, only the Islamic ones.

It is not that we do not care about the plight of the innocent; but we need to be taking care of our own people first. We have people here that are homeless, and our government does nothing to help them; yet they want to bring in thousands of people and add them to all of our welfare programs.
    Families do not feed the neighbor kids and let their own kids starve. We take care of our own family first, and then if we can help others, we do.
    We would not let someone that might harm our children come into our house and live, even if we provided them food or clothing. Our responsibility is to take care of our own needs first, and protect our family.
    This is also what America needs to do.

14. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, here's an idea why don't we just round up all the refugees like cattle and stick them in some ghetto where they are cut off from the rest of the United States and it's law abiding people. Hey, it worked before didn't it, when we profiled every single Japanese person after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hey, they were Japanese who cares if they were here for years they are probably a threat to us. I thought we actually learned since than but now I wonder. I am sorry, I am not blind to terrorism but I also know that terrorism comes from everywhere, even from those who have been living in our country for years acting like model citizens. Does the name Timothy McVeigh mean anything to anyone here? Hey he was a US citizen and he murdered hundreds of innocent men women and even young children when he bombed the federal building in Oklahoma years ago. The two brothers who pulled off the Boston Marathon Bombing, yes also from the United States. The thing is we can't go around profiling people because they may be from another culture, and unfortunately the one ISIL has chosen to stand behind. I understand that many of us are angry and we feel a certain way but for me doing this is like we are losing our own humanity. Maybe we need to be more diligent about who comes into our borders and screening them but acting like we are morally superior to the point where we want to say that they too are terrorist, sorry I just think that is wrong, but that is just my opinion because right now I feel badly for Paris, but I also know that jumping to conclusions has never solved anything only made them worse. I thought World War II was a prime and major example of that.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that not all muslims are terrorists and we have many living in the US also, but I do feel we have to really screen all Syrians coming into the US, also living in California we barely have room or money for the mexicans in our state.

Also, not all Canadians view Muslims as you do, Sacheen...you would be appalled if I showed you some of the facebook posts of the Canadians I know.

Terry Page likes this.