Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Bill Boggs, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

It's seven o'clock Christmas Eve. Have been reading a western novel. My roommate has been watching the tele. She has an infection and is running a slight fever. So I have nothing earth shaking to pass on. It's a routine Sabbath. Here are a few Laws I've been considering. Laws like Murphey's Law. Consider these:
    Byrne's Law: In any electrical circuit, appliances and wiring will burn out to protect fuses.

MxCabe's Law: Nobody has to do anything.

Parker's Law: Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone. (Think that's from Murphy's law).

Chamberlain's Law: Everything tastes more or less like chicken.

Mark Twain once said, "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."

There's a song I used on the radio every once in a while. Goes like this, "Happiness is seeing Lubbock, Texas in the rearview mirror." That was sung by Mac Davis, a Lubbock boy. Funny I didn't feel so happy as I left Lubbock. I was a little sad.

Someone said when asked, "I don't have a photograph but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks." (I think that was Groucho Marx)

And Tom Lehrer said, "I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up."

That's my cue. I'm out of here. Everyone have a Merry Christmas. If you see Santa tell him I said, "Hey."

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_0593-001.JPG

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus....Merry Christmas @Bill Boggs. :)

Holly Saunders and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Merry Christmas, everyone. I wish you all the best and hope to see you back soon, that is for those of you who may not have time to visit us here on Christmas. Anyhow, Merry Christmas.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Merry Christmas to you and Michelle @Ken Anderson! :)

We had a wonderful family gathering tonight and now I'm to keyed up to go to sleep so I thought I'd drop in and visit for awhile. Hope you and Michelle are having a warm and wonderful Christmas Eve.

Chrissy Cross and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

She's upstairs cooking and I am playing on the computer. Things are as they should be.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It has been a quiet day for us, too. Tomorrow, we are going over to share Christmas dinner with my daughter, Robin. It has gotten really cold here again, so I hope we do not get snow, or we are not going anywhere.
    Merry Christmas to everyone from Bobby and I ! !

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

upload_2017-12-25_8-46-59.jpeg Everyone xx
    Wishes for a happy, healthy New Year ahead too :)

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

Wishing a great Christmas to everyone here,.. and all the pets too :D

[​IMG]

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It was a crazy and wonderful Christmas Eve at my middle daughter's home last night. It was so nice to have all three of my daughters and their families together with us, and my sister and her husband plus their son, daughter-in-law and baby Addy who we finally got to meet in person. They stayed long enough to visit and fill some plates to take home with them so they could put Addy to bed. It was good to see my sister. :) IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG
    The grandkids are all getting so big and enjoying each other so much...I hope this closeness between them remains all of their lives.
    IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0619.JPG IMG_0634-001.JPG IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0595-001.JPG
    For my Honey and me this is going to be a very special Christmas to remember. :)

There was so much food that no one will have to cook today for sure. Four different meats, a fried turkey, a baked ham, a smoked brisket, and 2 smoked pork roasts. Sides of rice dressing, salad, vegetable casserole, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, crawfish corn bread, rolls and so many desserts, dips, and fruit trays. We could have fed a third of our City with all that delicious food.

The grandkids all loved their gifts this year...it's a really good year when this happens. :) And my daughters suprised my Honey and me with a $75 gift card to Pizza Village which will buy quite alot of pizza and shrimp bread during the New Year.

Our youngest grandson who is a few months over a year old enjoyed the Christmas tree most of all and kept trying to take all the "balls" off of it. He loves balls...so I think we will have another sports player in a few years.:) Thank goodness my daughter was prepared for this and bought mostly plastic ornaments for the tree...so our grandson could play with those balls all he wanted to.

Him and his sister who is three kept us very entertained with her singing and both of them dancing all over the house. :) IMG_0616.JPG

I loved this Christmas Family Gathering. Even my SIL followed us home because it was dark and he wanted to make sure we got home safely. We felt the love this Christmas and the joy of us all being together. Most of all we all went home with memories we will cherish always.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

More Christmas Eve pictures. :)
    IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0603.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0593-001.JPG
    Can you feel the love...we sure could last night. :)

Sometimes when it seems the day is going all wrong, somehow it all turns out so right. :)

Attached Files:

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Merry Christmas to all.
    At work, just my time in the barrel.
    Quiet so far.
    Will have a nice dinner later this afternoon.

14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I sure can feel the love all the way over here :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Merry Christmas Ken and Michelle.

Right now, my wife is making us blueberry pancakes (YUM) as I'm writing this. It's 11AM here...........I let my wife sleep in this morning and she loves me for it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.