Merrick Garland, Proposed Ag

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. I’m still trying to wrap my head around this.
    To paraphrase, Garland was asked what he thought about the domestic terrorism on Federal properties and Federal courthouses this last year.
    He said something to the effect that whilst the attack at the Capital can be considered domestic terrorism, the attacks by Antifa on Federal Courthouses were likely not ......(.wait for it ). .....because they happened at night. HUH?

The difference, he said, was when someone interrupted the democratic proceedings [at the capital] with violence then it’s domestic terrorism. He furthered it with, if the proceedings or judges rulings were interrupted then that too would be terrorism but since it happened at night then by his statutory definition it wasn’t.

Okay, let’s go with that. But, even if it happened at night would not the next day’s proceedings be interrupted by the violence of the night before? And since when is a large mob burning down businesses, courthouses and killing people NOT considered domestic terrorism?

Is Garland the real deal or is he just past his Federal assistant prosecutor’s prime?

2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

You ain't gonna be happy till March 4th,when the golden boy will reclaim his rightful throne!

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

So do tell one and all. What the heck does your idiotic retort have to do with Garland?
    If you can’t offer up even a simple conversation and stay on topic then stay the hell out of the thread and go play with the only friend you have......yourself.

While I’m here, there are a few more things I was listening to that disturbed me.
    When being questioned, Garland did a lot of hemming and hawing around and said numerous times that he had to “check on it” or “review the situation” when the questions were pretty straight forward.
    In other words, he’s not real fast on the uptake and I think he’s just not up for the job.
    If a person can’t answer straight up questions and have some knowledge of what the job will entail then he needs to take a back seat.

Funny though, Garland kinda reminds me of “I’ll circle back to that” Psaki, or whatever the new press secretary’s name is.
    Maybe neither one is wishing to get ahead of the puppet masters?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby, I'd like to comment but I haven't been paying attention to any politics these days. I realized recently that there are some things in life that just don't interest me, and Biden and his cabinet fell squarely into that bucket. :D

Hoot Crawford and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Oh I totally understand Beth. You do indeed have much more to occupy your mind and time with than all the political garbage that’s hitting the news. You especially need to try to keep a good positive attitude.

It’s just that as I wrote before a few other times, I am really more concerned with our upcoming election processes than I am about anything else in the political arena.
    Thinking in that particular vein, the upcoming AG has a lot of responsibility and has the power to suggest overall investigations into even the smallest quirk in those processes and report a fully accurate paper.

To me, Barr dropped the ball not only in this last election but when he first took the job with Dems spending so much time and money on the phony Russian collusion in the 2016 elections. The AG had the power to get involved and he didn’t. He even had the power to perform a tit-for-tat regarding the Dems allegations about Trump instigating the Capital debacle which as we all know was a phony and unconstitutional impeachment. Maxine Waters, Harris and others should have faced charges long ago for incitement to riot but nothing was done.

Now, with Garland who seems to be the next pick for the office, it’s entirely probable that he will be directed to distance himself from whatever the Democrat majority congress deems to be a hands off item. Indeed, it seems that the Dems are really happy about the last election even with the knowledge that so many mistakes both accidental and deliberate occurred.
    Dunno. Merrick G. just seems to be so wishy-washy on so many levels that it’s hard to ascertain what his focuses will be on. The only thing about him that I did like is that he said he wanted to (in my words) shore up law enforcement in the U.S.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Beth Gallagher likes this.