Mellowness

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Mari North, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I was thinking this morning about what being "mellow" involves. I'm not sure I'll ever reach that point, but it hit me that I'm a whole lot closer than I was 20 years ago. At least I re-think things I'm about to say a lot more often and am less of a "blurter" even if it's something that should be said.

I hadn't thought of this song in decades, but it came along with my ponderings today, so I'm sharing. (Love love LOVE Olivia's jeans!)

Have YOU never been mellow? Maybe someday I'll find out what it's like. :)

-----------------

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes @Mari North I am in a mellow state pretty much 24/7 these days and life flows by in a sort of gentle blur :rolleyes: we have a Mellow Yellow thread here

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

If being mellow means no more carousing around with redneck pals and wild women, I guess I'm pretty mellow now.

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm mellow or stifled.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm mellow meaning I'm very easy to get along with and I like things to flow smoothly, but I'm also slightly OCD in organizational type things and lists and plan A and plan B. I would like to be mellow in everything though but that's not going to happen.

6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

:D Same here, @Chrissy Page ... right about the time I think I'm making progress, someone says or does something to send me sliding waaaaaay back into "Oh, this is definitely NOT mellow territory, Mari!"

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

From his temperamental personality, my husband had mellowed to be patient and forgiving. I noticed that change in his attitude when he reached 50 years or so. I'm 53 and being mellow is still far maybe because of the stress that I get from my job. My husband would always call my attention when I'm starting to show my temper. I admit that I become moody at times and I know it may have a toll on my health so I also try to control it although sometimes it cannot be helped.

Ruby Begonia likes this.