Megyn Kelly Losing Her Credibility Status ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When we watched the Republican presidential candidate debate on Fox, I was shocked by how Megyn Kelly started out by a personal attack on Donald Trump. considering how poorly she behaved, I thought that Trump conducted himself very well with the attack.
    It was pretty obvious that at least she, if not the Fox media network, was seriously trying to discredit Donald Trump as a possible canidte for the presidency.
    It would appear that the whole thing backfired, Trump has even more supporters than he did before, and Megyn Kelly has been sent on a two-week unscheduled "vacation" from Fox.
    When Greta had Trump on her show, she treated him very respectfully, and he semed happy to do his best to answer all of her questions. She also asked for people to send in a message on Twitter about whether they now like Trump more or less than before.
    I was checking her Twitter feed, and the majority of the tweets were in favor of The Donald.

2. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder if you could send us the link about this episode. I thought Megyn kelly is a level-headed journalist who's not afraid to speak truth. I think she knew Trump to be straightforward and fearless with his answers and prepared herself for it.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Megyn was way out of line. She was trying to convince people that Trump's dispute with one woman (Rosie) was his feeling about all women. That's not journalism, that's an agenda.

4. Avigail David

Registered

Oh, that. Yup, I saw that part. I think Kelly wasn't creating any trouble at all. She asked the question to allow a true answer from Trump's point of view. I never listen nor watch Rosie.

5. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I was appalled at the way she seemed to single Donald Trump out for humiliation. I always thought she was fair-minded and unbiased. I know better now. I think The Donald handled himself awfully well. His answers were straight-forward as always, and he's not too concerned about the media and the Republican party twisting his words. I'm even more impressed with him now than I was before.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Her questions were attacks, and not really questions at all.

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

FOX took a lot of heat for Megyn's behavior, as well they should.

8. Avigail David

Registered

What if Obama were on the "Interrogation Stand" with daring Fox's Megyn Kelly? And Obama smooth-talked Megyn Kelly about his questionable deeds with WH administration. Would we behave the same about Kelly's journalism?

Ike Willis likes this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

In my case, probably not because I get physically sick at the sight/sound of Obama.

10. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

There is something to be said about having candidates answer tough questions that may seem unfair. If elected president, these men and woman (Carly) are going to have to face MUCH more challenging things. If they can't even field one or two really difficult questions, then we probably need to question their ability to lead the most powerful nation in the world that is facing more and more difficult circumstances with each passing month, it seems....

Avigail David likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

That may be true if they were all asked tough questions, but they weren't. Paraphrasing a portion of the debate:

Kelly: Mr Trump, how do you reply to the proven allegations that you are a scumbag who wants nothing more than to destroy the Republican Party and ruin the county?
    Kelly: Turning to you, Mr. Bush, we are so pleased to have you with us, and I, personally, have no doubt but that you would represent the Republican Party well as its candidate, and that you are the right man for the job. Do you agree?

12. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

HAHAHA! What Ken said! Seriously I had the same thought about "tough questions". How about questions about the economy, or national defense or immigration? Personally I don't think a moderator should moonlight as the thought police, as I really don't give a flip whether or not a candidate likes or dislikes women. As long as I feel reasonably sure that said candidate would not start ordering the military to shoot all women, as soon as he got elected, I don't think it figures into presidential criteria at all. I wish we would collectively grow up as a country!

13. Ken Anderson

Bias in the media is a substantial deciding factor in our elections here, and Fox News is every bit as guilty of it as any of the other networks. Often, its in your face like with Megyn Kelly, but frequently its more subtle, but just as damaging, where candidates that the media favors are asked questions about the issues that they are strong on while other candidates are asked trivial questions, personal questions, or ones about issues that may be more controversial, or they are all but left out of the debate. Again, there is nothing wrong with asking tough questions but bias leads to an unequal handling of candidates.

14. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Rabidly right-wing candidate has hissy fit over treatment from rabidly right-wing television company. The obituary notices for my old friend Satire will be available soon.

15. Ken Anderson

Neither Megyn Kelly or Donald Trump are right wing.

Brittany Houser and Ike Willis like this.