Meeting With Protesters?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I was wondering what might happen if the protesters picked some of their leaders, or those that are knowledgeable as to "why" they are protesting to meet with President Trump? I mean they have press meetings so what do you guys think about doing something like this?

I was thinking if he could talk to them directly, and do a question and answer thing, what might happen? Thoughts anyone?

I don't hear any of the protesters telling the "guy with the mic" any reason they are protesting except vague reasons with no meat on them. Surely someone in those crowds could speak out what it is that they truly want and why. Give President Trump a chance to face his accusers, and know "why"?

Definition of protester: a person who publicly demonstrates strong objection to something; a demonstrator.

So "what" are they objecting to, and do you think they would negotiate, or be willing?

I think those protestors are afraid of the unknown, fear of the "what ifs" and they don't have a legitimate goal set for their protest?? But I see some of those people and they are truly a sad bunch. They don't have a clue why they are doing what they are doing. Maybe there are no "leaders". I feel that many of them are literally lost people, maybe they are some of the forgotten people of America.

Anyway, I'll toss this out, and I will say I don't like hearing anyone with a mic making fun of them either, like I heard a reporter ask one if they were getting payed to protest and he said no, and the reporter said "well looks like maybe you could use the money":(

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They don't know. The recent Bimbo Eruption, Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street; these were all organized and orchestrated by the same interests, I think. While I am sure that those who participated believe that they were part of something important, they don't realize that it's not about them or their interests at all. It's about furthering an agenda that has nothing to do with them, and which will no doubt work against their genuine interests.

Oh, I am sure that those who were on the streets today believe that they are there because Trump is a misogynist. but most of them couldn't define the word let alone give any facts to bear that out. Through ignorance, they helped to create a hysteria about all of the terrible things that Trump is going to do to women, to the LGBT community, to minorities, and to whatever special interest groups they might have been able to reach, and then they bought into their own hysteria.

If things are so awful for women in the United States, surely it isn't Trump's fault. He has been in office for only a day, and the Bimbo Eruption events had already been scheduled before he took office. So if things were so bad for women, why didn't Obama fix that during the eight years that he was in office?

The BLM riots took place on Obama's watch, as did the Occupy protests. If things were so bad, then why did these people want to continue things as they were, with Hillary at the helm?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Frank Sanoica and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Ken,

I appreciate your replies so much. I was sitting there thinking while watching FNC, and they Judge Janine was interviewing some folks for Trump in the crowd from yesterday. They were so intelligent, and knew so much about what Trump is about. The protesters continue to look stupid and what you said explains it. They just do these protests to be protesting, not for anything other than the rush or fun they get out of doing it.

They showed a clip with Madonna "singing" supposedly singing, it was bad. If she ever had it, she's lost it. Anyway, she said "I've been thinking a lot lately about blowing up the Whitehouse". And she had to look over to her "cards" to say the sentence. So weird, she just is. But that is no different than the threats we get from radical Islam is it? I can't believe someone can't be arrested for saying something like that, and instigating, or inciting people with that sort of suggestion?? These protesters are, at least some of them, a sandwich shy of a picnic, geez!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

This was way weird:

5. Ken Anderson

People surely have concerns. For the first time in a long time, our children are likely to be worse off than their parents, and they don't have any hope. Each generation has been better off than the last, not individually of course, but overall, up until now.

People who are in their teens and twenties today are not likely to have the opportunities to get ahead that we had. Not to say that we all took advantage of it, but it was there. I was earning more money per week than my father before I reached the age of twenty-five, but he was far better off than his parents, etc. That is no longer true.

Plus, perhaps a bit harder to define, young people today are far more heavily controlled than we were. We could make mistakes in our early lives without ruining our entire future. Again, there are things that we might have done that may have lost our chances for a government job, but there were plenty of other opportunities.

We could ruin our credit through irresponsibility, then move across the country and start over. Today, everything follows us around. Kids today have to watch what they say online, let alone what they might do.

There is also what I believe to be a fact, which is that kids aren't educated in the same way that we are. Again, this isn't true at the individual level. I know young people who are absolutely brilliant.

But I think it's true overall. People can go all the way through college and be unable to put a coherent sentence together. They might know how to use the technology that they are surrounded with, but that's all going to be obsolete tomorrow, and they don't have any internal knowledge.

At the same time, almost to a man, they believe that they are far more educated and sophisticated than their parents and the older people around them. They feel superior, but they can't demonstrate that they are. I believe this is why they are so quick to move to the insult whenever they are confronted with an argument.

So I do believe that these kids have some legitimate gripes, but they are not the ones they think they have, and the answers cannot be found where they are looking.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Now I'm hearing a lot about this women's march that they said had a huge focus on women's right to abortion. They are afraid our new Supreme court will overturn Roe vs Wade. Again, fear of the what ifs. I think because many christians voted for Trump the liberals think it will be Christians and their beliefs will be running the show.

Also, I "hear" the msm is painting a dark picture of the inauguration. I can only hope people will at least watch and listen themselves to everything that was said etc. I feel many have pre-concieved, here-say ideas but no hard evidence or knowledge. They have just "bought" what others have said and seem to have no desire to do the research for themselves. I find it amazing that anyone could put such trust in others, I mean so much that they don't feel any need to use their own brain.

The more I think about it, weigh out what I've seen and heard from the left, they aren't going to give Trump any chance at all. There's more than just this election causing this, it's deeper, and it's a hatred that could not possibly be just against Trump. I can't think of any reason to have such hate for him.

I think it's a disease and it's spreading. I'll be praying, especially for our leaders, and for those that are truly sick in their minds like some of the people I'm seeing protesting.

7. Ken Anderson

They did that with Trump's rallies too. One talking head after another, regardless of which network, used the same talking points referring to his rallies as being dark. Clearly, that's a term that they have identified as one that they wanted to tie Trump to.

They're playing the same game now that they were playing during the campaign, and it didn't work then. Media confidence is at an all-time low right now, and their participation in it isn't going to help.

A significant part of the population won't actually watch or listen to debates or speeches. They will wait for the media to tell them who won later. They won't actually even read the media articles. Instead, they will form their opinions from the headlines and the lead-in blurbs that show up on Facebook or Twitter.

They are depending on that, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"young people today are far more heavily controlled than we were."

I believe this is absolutely true, and that it points up the fact that control of the "masses" has been an unmentioned (anywhere) part of government agenda for many decades. Young people are more heavily controlled successfully by what means? Force? No. Implied castigation? Nah. So how? Taxation, mainly, IMO. Plus, their "mind-bent" has been successfully subverted from one of question authority, question rules, question obediance, to rather question any attackers of those three concepts. Brain-washed. And, in many cases, Brainless.
    Frank

Denise Evans and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

You are right about many not listening to the debates and the speeches, absolute truth. I am never bored by the speeches Trump and his people make, especially his speeches. No better show on TV, and I mean that in the very best way, nothing better for me to watch then how it all is happening, my country, at last, I am a part of. I want to be part of.

I know I have zero desire to watch other news shows, and Fox best keep doing what they are doing or I'll give up on them as well. I so hope the "fractured" newsies fall apart, or change their tune. We'll see;)

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Sounds good to me Ken and I will read it gladly, Thanks much:)

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Can't agree more:( Thank God for the kids that are hearing, and seeing examples of right and wrong, and will follow in those foot-steps;)

13. Ken Anderson

14. Denise Evans

Registered

What a stupid woman, same rights as guns, LOL!!

Yes, really nice to go down as a historical march. Wonder if the trash they left will also go down in history, geez:(

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet
    Last year's River Regatta here, which attracted many thousands to the area, so thoroughly trashed the river and it's banks, that the public outcry was enormous. I posted pics awhile back. The 10th. Regatta was decided to be the last by Municipal leaders.
    Frank