Media's Bias And Bed Fellows

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What do people know is what they have learned? Starting at an early age we were told to go to school and the programming began. Even the Bible says bring your children. We are very accessible at an early age to be trained in a certain way and by the time were 7/8 years old we already have our own thoughts on things and our belief system has been formed. We have learned that what is taught in schools is the truth and doesn’t question or you will fail. Than we are taught if we want to learn what is going on around us we turn to the news media which is the next line of propaganda who sort through the news and selects what is good for big business and promotes it. The news media is owned by the big business so that would explain their bias. The medical system is bias toward drugs. FDA is bias against natural foods as they will go into a store with guns drawn walk passed the processed meats that have an additive that caused cancer by the GMO vegetables which are unsafe and arrest someone for selling whole milk.
    When people even on this forum disagree with me it makes me feel good because at least they are thinking and it allows be to check my beliefs. So many people do not want their believes challenged because they would be lost it would shake up their whole system so they fight it but don’t know why.

2. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am with you on all of this @Martin Alonzo We have to research everything ourselves because those who we were "taught" to trust, are not trustworthy. Or they got so rich that people don't come first anymore, only money.

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

4. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Sadly the media played a big role in Trump losing...if he does. They never question anything Hillary says or does.

But everything Trump says is blown out of proportion (I blame him partly for the way he talks) and is on the news all day after a debate.

Right now all I'm reading is his reply to the question " will he concede" if he loses?

His reply wasn't straightforward so now it's being read over and over and over

Someone even mentioned he should drop out after this last statement of his.....what???

It's all too bizarre and it shouldn't have been. Yes, the draw for his followers was that he was different and not a career politician but in my opinion he took that too far....not because of his answer yesterday but just in general looking over everything he's said and done.

He knows the media, he's worked in it....even before he announced his candidacy he should have had someone go through his stuff with a fine tooth comb and do a preemptive strike regarding all of it....give the media nothing to dig up.

Apologize for sexist behavior and move on and say he really isn't like that an he supports rights for women etc. and respects them.

I could go on and on but I won't. I'm not attacking Trump but this is how I see it. I still have my fingers crossed that I'm wrong and we still have 18 days for some miracle turnaround to happen....and it could.

Ken Anderson and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This is a good video but caution strong language

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha, I was dozing off but that woke me up!!

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I heard someone from ABC say that the media (he didn't clarify that it was going to be ABC or another news media) would be releasing an audio or video portraying Trump as a racist after the last debate. So far, they haven't done so. I wonder if this might be why they decided not to.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

What do you really want

Trump: possible peace, revamping of the justice system, possible prosperity stop dangerous and undocumented immigration.

Hillary: guaranteed war, keeping the justice system to justice for the average and just us for the elites, layoffs of worker continue, borderless country and ship in undocumented people.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Why isn't this out there?

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Registered

Why does the news media never report polls that have Trump ahead?

Chrissy Cross and Ike Willis like this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

You do not go against your bosses wishes

Chrissy Cross and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ike Willis and Diane Lane like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Registered

They are really coming out of the woodwork. I do think it's overkill, and that fewer people are taking this stuff seriously.

By the way, although two major polls have shown Trump ahead since the last debate, ABC News just this morning commented about Trump sinking in the polls, and referenced one that had come out before the last debate. Old polls are still news to them, but new polls are ignored unless they indicate the results they want to report.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  16. Ken Anderson

Registered

We have the radio on all night while we're sleeping. Anyhow, the station that we listen to in our sleep broadcasts ABC News in the morning, about the time that I am waking up, and it drives me nuts. Ever since this election campaign began, I don't think the ABC News poll has shown Trump ahead even once, or if it has they don't mention it. Although it's supposed to be a news show, it is little more than Democrat spin and commentary. Everything Trump says is "fact checked" to his disadvantage, while there was no fact checking whatsoever on any of the women who accused him of stuff.

This morning, they said that the last twelve polls have shown Trump falling farther and farther behind Hillary. Of course, they rarely actually name the polls that they are talking about, and they consistently ignore any that show him ahead, and there have been polls showing him ahead. ABC scrapped one of their own polls because they said the sample wasn't representative, when the more likely reason is that it didn't yield the results they wanted.

The sad thing is that ABC isn't even the worst of the media, and it's hard to point to a media outlet that's much better. Even when they do mention anything that might reflect poorly on the Hillary Clinton campaign, they spend a few minutes on it, mostly trying to spin it, while they spend the rest of their news time on any allegations against Trump, however crazy. Hillary is never fact checked, while everything Trump says is questioned.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  17. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also instead of focusing on the issues, what the campaign should be about...the media is looking for any dirt
    They can find on Trump. I'm a woman and and if some man touched my leg or breast or kissed me 30 years ago, I'd have forgotten about it by now because it didn't bother me that much at the time or I would have said and done something then.

I'm starting to see more and more support for Trump now than what I saw before. Seems to me that
    Some of their attacks may be backfiring.

I also think they are misjudging who is supporting Trump. It's not a slam dunk for Hillary, think she's
    Listening to all the media BS and polls and is resting and taking it easy now.....good!

18. Martin Alonzo

Registered

When you go on the media and say the Democrats are offering money for anything bad about Trump. When they offer money everyone that thinks their story might be believed even if not true will come out. If they offer enough money they could find lots of people who witness Trump flying around the capital on a broom stick. When you start offering money the truth disappears

19. Ken Anderson

Registered

Maine television station WMTW-TV reported on its Facebook page:

Donald J. Trump wins the Maine Student Mock Election, beating Hillary Clinton by just 2.8 percent

mainestateelection.jpg

They are referring to a statewide mock election conducted by the state, and reported on the official state web site.

I find a few things interesting about this. First, that in what is a traditionally heavily Democrat state, Donald Trump would win a high school student election. So far, no polls have shown Trump winning Maine, although several have shown him winning our 2nd District.

A couple of other things have to do with media bias, however.
    1. They felt the need to add the word "just" in order to minimize Trump's victory over Clinton.
    2. Although Trump came in first, they chose to picture Hillary first, while other candidates are listed according to how well they did. Note, that it's not alphabetical.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  20. Ken Anderson

Registered

It's also interesting that the same poll also polled high school students on Maine's referendum questions, and the only one that lost was the referendum to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

21. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's funny because I discussed this with my grandson last time I was there an he is against legalizing too.

Talked to my son yesterday and he's for it! He's never barely smoked pot but when they were in aspen last year with some friends they bought a joint for $20 and smoked it all weekend,,,said they just thought everything was funnier. He said its helped Colorado and there haven't been any negatives.

He also said that when he went to the dispensary the guy there laughed at his drivers license.

I didn't get it and neither did he at first but I realized it later my son's birthdate is 4-20! Haha.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  22. Ken Anderson

Registered

The Daily Commercial, a Florida newspaper, published an open letter to its readers apologizing for its biased coverage of the presidential campaign. To be clear, it's not an endorsement of Trump, but an acknowledgement of media bias.

Full article: Daily Commercial

23. Chrissy Cross

Registered

WOW! I like that! Honesty!!

24. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I went to a stream on the CNN and you can see how interested people are in CNN

LIVE CNN news live Stream CNN LIVE CNN news

36 likes 64 dislikes 184 people watching

25. Chrissy Cross

Registered