Mcdonalds Touchscreens Have Fecal Bacteria

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In a test, every McDonald's touchscreen tested in the UK had fecal bacteria - six in London and two in Birmingham. -- Delish

The really cool thing is that most everything that McDonald's sells is something that you hold in your hand.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I never go into Mcdonalds, But I Read that the other day , and was grossed out, but not entirely surprised , and even tho' hubs doesn't go either..I was warning him to ensure to go to the servers to order instead...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There is fecal bacteria in and on a lot of things. That is why it is very important to always wash your hands well. That is one of the things that prevent the spread of the flu and the Corona virus (cruise ship disease). Try not to touch anything in a rest room after washing your hands. Chances are that everything, including the faucet handles will have bacteria on them. There was a study a number of years ago that showed that those warm air dryers actually make your hands dirtier, as every time a public toilet is flushed it causes an aerosol of fecal bacteria. The bacteria that are floating around in the air are then blown onto your hands in higher concentrations. The Dyson Airblades are safe, however, as the air is filtered through a HEPA filter before being used to dry your hands. If the air in the dryers were hot enough to kill the floating bacteria, there is a danger that it would burn the people using it. When tested, urinal handles were among the dirtiest things you can touch, but airline tray tables were pretty bad too.

I doubt that McDonald's are any worse than any other fast food, or for that matter, regular sit-down restaurant. You can control contamination much better at home if you want to. A few bacteria won't do a healthy person any harm, but if you are on chemo or in any other way compromised, I would be very cautious.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a bottle of the sanitary hand gel in our vehicle at all times. We use it when we leave Walmart, but do at times forget. Unfortunately, there are some regular restaurants, like Chili's, have a touch-screen on each table to order food, play games, pay for your meal. There will be those folks that really don't care what any kind of study shows and will continue using the touch-screens.

At times, it can be very hard to remember to NOT do something that was read about or seen on tv.

5. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well crap! :eek: This news just made my day.

Chrissy Cross and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Fast food places would not exist if they depended on us.

Simple meal tonight home made potato chips & a bacon mushroom swiss cheese burger. About 10 ounces of 95% lean ground chuck [ I buy and grind our chuck, trim the fat to what I like to see when grinding]. When grinding I grind in a lb. of crispy h hickory smoked bacon to infuse directly into the chuck. When forming the burgers I put the swiss cheese in the center. End result a tasty burger smothered in butter fried mushroom slices.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Now that sounds DELICIOUS!