Martin Alonzo & Alonzo Tanner (aka Lon)

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Although I am junior I don't know how I came to be named. My grand parents on my fathers side were Seventh Day Adventist Missionaries in Haiti, where my father was born. My grand mother's maiden name was Trujillo.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

The name Alonzo is of Spanish Origin I think, I know quite a few Alonzo'sb ut with an *s* instead of a *Z* .... I don't suppose either of you guys are related to Fernando Alonso the Spanish Formula one racing driver.. :D

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't Trujillo of Spanish origin, too? I think it's fascinating , @Lon Tanner , that your grandparents were Seventh Day Adventist Missionaries. How does that fit with the fact that you aren't a believer?

4. Lon Tanner

Registered

Grand Parents died before I was five years old and dad never stayed in the church and became a non believer up to hiscdeath at age 93. His two older brothers stayed with theAdventists all their life. Mom was a Baptist and believer.

5. Lon Tanner

Registered

I went to High School with a Black friend named ALONZO same as me. We spelled our names the same and were nick named LONNIE he became a top Jazz Musician LONNIE HUET

Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.