Marijuana Compound May Fight Lung Cancer

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This may be old news to some, but I just heard about the studies. From ABC News...

"Harvard University researchers have found that, in both laboratory and mouse studies, delta-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) cuts tumor growth in half in common lung cancer while impeding the cancer's ability to spread.

The findings may shed light on a question that has been puzzling Horovitz: Why hasn't there been a spike in lung cancer in the generation that smoked a lot of marijuana in the 1960s.

"I find it fascinating, wondering if the reasons we're not seeing this spike is that THC inhibits lung cancer cells," he said. "It would be very ironic, although you certainly wouldn't tell somebody who smoked cigarettes to add marijuana."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4506595&page=1

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Native Americans believe there is a cure for everything to be found in plants, I think they're right

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Impartial research that I found (coming out of China) shows that marijuana can both cause and cure cancer, depending on the receptors to which the cannabinoids attach. The reason it hasn't caused (as much cancer) in those who have smoke it over long periods is largely due to the fact that very few people smoke 20 to 40 joints daily, as cigarette smokers did over the same period. Expense, if not functionality, discouraged that much consumption.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Intuition tells me that inhaling the smoke of any plant or substance into your lungs can't be good for you. As for some of the other compounds found in the marijuana plant, there might be some benefits. Given my cat's improvement with CBD oil, I'm sure there are.

6. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Australian cancer researchers have developed a new wonder drug that may target a range of cancers in a new way.

Scientist at the world renowned CSIRO having teamed with the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne have uncovered a key way that cancer hijacks the body's innate defence system, which suppresses cancer cells.

This mechanism occurs in prostate cancer and those caused by the papilloma virus..such as cervical, head and neck cancers. The team plans to partner with a major pharmaceutical company to prepare a drug ready for clinical trials in three years.

The wheels that drive the push to eradicate the biggest killer in history turn slowly.. but they are turning.

7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

This is just one piece of info that keeps me taking Grape Seed Extract, now 25 yrs, that the grape seed extract will keep cancers from my body.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/

The above article primarily discusses: breast, prostate, skin and colon cancers.

Many of the cancer research facilities are using Grape Seed Ex in their research.

Now whether "they" really want to find the cure(s) is something that I've thought about for many years.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  8. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is such a gut wrenching story I just had to post it.

An Australian research biologist Dr Matt Dun is in a race against time to save his 4 year old daughter, Josephine's life from a rare and incurable form of brain cancer, diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma. or DIPG.

Dr Dun has been searching for a way to stop an enzyme from making the mutating cancer cells grow. He believes he has found it in groundbreaking chemotherapy work being done by Australian company Kazia. For the past six months the two have been testing and re testing the new drug..GDC-0084 that may just save Josephine and the some 30 other Australian children that die from DIPG every year.
    Watch this space.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

There is a man named Joe Tippens, who had lung cancer, went though all of the usual treatments, and was finally told that he had only a few months to live.
    His veterinarian talked to him about taking a medicine that is sold for a dog or horse worming medicine, fenbendazol, that had been working in experiments with mice.
    Since Joe had nothing to lose, and no other options, he decided to try taking the drug, and it completely cured his cancer, and he remains cancer free to this day.
    It is commonly sold under the brand names of Safeguard, or Panacur.

https://lifeboat.com/blog/2019/12/h...7-dog-medicine-interviewed-by-james-templeton

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here is a short video from a veterinarian, talking about using Panacur to stop cancer. He says that it is not always effective, but often is, and will stop the cancer from growing completely.
    He explained that researchers using mice for brain cancer research discovered this, because the mice had pinworms, so the researchers wormed them, and the brain cancer started going away, just from one simple treatment with the worm medicine .

It seems to me that we need to look at some of the older medicines that might have more uses than we previously knew about. When we first heard about treating a virus with a malaria drug, everyone thought it was a crazy idea, because one is a virus and one is a bacteria; but we soon saw that it worked.

Now, we are reading that the vaccine that was supposed to help immunity from the virus is causing multiple sclerosis , and other serious diseases. Much safer to use the safe method of prevention rather than one that is not proving out well in the tests.