Margarine

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I do sometimes have unhealthy binges. :)

But I do try to eat healthy most of the time.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe that Chrissy looks at this thing of taking care of your health just about the same as I do, from things that she has stated, and it is probably something that only we mothers can understand.

When I lost my mother, it was the hardest thing ever, and so painful for me for a very long time, and I know that Chrissy deals with this same thing every day.
    Even though we are seniors ourselves, we still miss our mother and are sad that they died.

We are also mothers ourselves, and as a mother, the last thing that I want is for my children to go through that same pain that I went through when my mom died.
    I KNOW that they do not want me to die, and I know that they would mourn for a long time when I do die.
    I can’t stop death from happening, but I am doing the best that I can to hold it at bay for as long as possible, because I love my kids more than anything in the world.
    There is no stronger motivation for taking care of your health than being a mother and loving your children and wanting to protect them from the hurt as long as possible.

Don Alaska and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Very true @Yvonne Smith!

I know my kids would take it very hard ...my daughter probably more than my son....just because Ive spent much more time with my daughter....

We are friends and very good friends ....talk at least once every single day...on the days she's off, even more.

4. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

This was the crapola that my mother bought, but I never have. I only use real 100% butter, but for frying and stuff like that, I prefer Olive Oil or Peanut Oil. Grapeseed Oil is probably best (Monsanto has not yet found a way to GMO it yet), but it's too darn expensive.

Frank Sanoica and Sheldon Scott like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Here is a more complete version of your story about the origins of Crisco, @Martin Alonzo , and I think that you will enjoy reading this. I did.

https://idmprogram.com/the-shocking-origins-of-vegetable-oil-garbage/

Sheldon Scott and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    A great article, and my thanks to you for finding and posting the link. I must take a side here, however slightly, since I lean toward only partially-believing any presentation denigrating one "fat" or another "fat".

Fact is, I've seen no scientifically-proved evidence which concludes that deposition of unwanted sludges of one type or another in human blood vessels, is related quantitatively to the ingestion of fat, regardless of it's type or origin.

Frank

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The article is very elucidating. If you watch the graph on animal fat consumption, heart disease in Americans almost paralleled the decrease in animal fat in our diets. That is what has led to the popularity of Paleo Diets, basically an adaptation of the Eskimo diet. The natives here eat pounds of animal fat and have virtually NO heart disease if they are on their traditional diets. It is only when they start eating junk foods and drinking soft drinks and alcohol that they have problems.

8. Yvonne Smith

This was on Dr. Jason Fung’s website, Don, and he talks a lot about intermittant fasting benefits, as well as other related topics. I have been doing intermittant fasting for about a month now, and it has really helped me with my weight loss efforts, so I have been doing a lot of reading on the other benefits of IF.

If you are interested, I have a long dissertation/post about intermittant fasting in the diet section of the forum.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/eating-one-meal-a-day.6876/page-3

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

[QUOTE="https://idmprogram.com/the-shocking-origins-of-vegetable-oil-garbage/[/QUOTE]
    That was a nice find Yuonne Animal-fat-1.png it also agrees with what I have been saying. If you look at the graft and check it against the increase of heart deaths, Alzheimer increase, diabetes.you will find that as saturated animal fat went down all these disease when up about at the same rate. Alzheimer for example was a rare disease in 1940s

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The American Heart Association has renewed its attack on saturated fats, particularly coconut oil, proclaiming it to be "nothing but poison" in some accounts, despite the evidence to the contrary. There must be a money trail there somewhere.