Marco Rubio Casts Deciding Vote To Fast-track Obamatrade.

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And what is even worse, he has not bothered to read what the bill has in it. This is not the first time that Rubio has done this, and in fact he has voted twice to pass the Obamatrade bill when it has come up for a vote in the Senate.
    Senators who did take the time to read the bill include Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, who are both Republican contenders for the the Presidential race.

Donald Trump alluded to Rubio's poor voting record in the Senate when they were having the CNN debate; but this is the worst example of his poor choices to date, at least in my opinion.
    Rumor is saying that Rupert Murdock, who owns Fox News, (as well as most of the news in Australia) is trying to place Rubio and Fiorina in a position to squeeze Trump out of the running. The story is that Murdoch actually needs Jeb Bush to win in order to further his interests in our government.
    I read that while reading through the political comments on Facebook, so I do not have a good link to post for this rumor, but if I find one, then I will also post that.
    Edit to add: I took a screenshot of the story about Murdoch; so posting that here.

Here is the story on Breitbart about Marco Rubio.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-vote-for-obamatrade-without-even-reading-it/

image.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Sheldon Scott and Lara Moss like this.
  2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Urrgh!….I thought you surely must have been mistaken, Yvonne, but no, it's true that Rubio did in fact give Obama the go ahead to push provisions relating to anything from global warming to amnesty for illegal aliens, and Obama can easily get it passed. That's why Mark Levin has been saying, "free traders should wait until we have a President who respects the law before passing such a piece of legislation".

"The fact that this is a "secret" bill makes it more suspect. Have you ever in your life heard of secret bills? The only ones I've heard about are for the intelligence budget. Never before has so-called "trade legislation" been labeled as secret. That convinces me that there must be some nefarious things in it. And the fact that Rubio has voted for it, apparently without even reading it, shows me he's another go-along, get-along Senator." ~The American Thinker

…and I liked Rubio in the last debate….darn. However, if he would have read it then maybe he would voted against it. Is he deliriously tired from campaigning? This is going to ruin his standing in the presidential race.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

According to the Breitbart story, this was up for a vote several months ago, and Rubio also voted to pass it then. So, he has had many months to read it if he wanted to do so.
    Plus, both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz found the time to read the bill; so it seems to me that Rubio is an "owned" candidate.
    I thought that he did good in the last debate, too; so it was a disappointment to me as well.

I do like Ben Carson, but after I read that he was a "skull and bones" member and takes orders from former President Bush who was also a skull and bones man; it really made me wonder about Ben Carson, too.
    I still like Rand Paul, but do not think that he will get the nomination, and might not win even if he did; so at this point, Donald Trump still looks the best one to me.
    All of the mainstream opposition to him really makes me think that he is challenging their plans for this country.

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I could not find a reliable source that I trust for the "skull & bones" accusation so I'll pass on that. I like Carson but nice guys finish last…especially in politics. Too bad. Did you see when he was asked if he thought it would be okay for an Islamist to be the President? He said, "I hate to say this but "No, I don't think it would be good for an Islamist to be running the country". There was no time for any explanation so it was left there.

Immediately the media twisted it and so did Fiorina. In response, Fiorina said "Anyone of any faith is welcome here in America". BUT that wasn't what Carson said. Carson would agree that anyone of any faith is welcome here…but he was talking about someone who would be Commander and Chief of our country. He knew he'd lose voters when he said that but I thought he was brave to tell the truth about what he believes.