Manny Pacquaio Is Against Same Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Corie Henson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

A few days ago, Manny Pacquiao in an interview said that gays are worse than animals - he is referring to the common knowledge that there are no gay animals. But Pacquiao's point is not the gay people themselves but the sexual relationship which is an abomination as per the Bible.

I have not posted this thread for the issue of same sex marriage but for the reactions that Pacquiao's statement got. Expectedly the gays in show business are quick to react. But after a few days, politicians are now joining the fun, some are siding with Pacquiao and some are against Pacquiao. The way I see it, that hot issue is an opportunity for people to get to the limelight. So many pros and cons from straight and gays.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I have no idea who Pacquiao is ( I'll have to google) but he is definitely waaay off the mark and completely wrong in his assertion that there is no homosexuality within the animal Kingdom. Actually among some animals it's quite prevalent...here's a link to a few of which are known to indulge in same sex mating rituals of varying types..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

He's a boxer, Holly and you are right about the animals, there are quite a few that do,practice homosexual mating rituals.

Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I was against same sex marriage, too. Not against some other union or accommodation. But, nobody asked me before they voted on it.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

A Boxer???.... lol, well that explains it...too much damage to his head!! :eek:

Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  6. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, this is getting a bit coincidental. Pacquiao's comments closely mirror similarly idiotic drivel spouted by the British boxer Tyson Fury.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I really do not believe that there are any homosexual animals, despite what the article that Holly linked to quoted as homosexual animal behavior.
    If you have spent much time around animals, you will know that there is a big difference between being homosexual, and just displaying homosexual behavior .
    Goats are a great example.
    When it is mating season, they will climb on any other goat that comes near them, regardless of the sex of the other goat. I have seen male goats at auction sales who were all trying to breed with the male goat ahead of them , and going in a big circle around the auction ring. These were not homosexual goats. They were simply animals who wanted to mate.
    It is the same with other animals, when they want to mate, they will often perform a mating ritual with whatever animal is close.
    Sometimes, even when it is not the same kind of animal. My llama would try hard to mate with my horse when she was in heat. I have seen both horse and cows who tried to mate with each other.
    Even my Chipper happily tried to mate with our kitty cat when we had one.
    Any and all of these male animals would have certainly mated with a female of their own species, had one been available.
    image.jpeg

Ruby Begonia and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I don't know what this makes our little dog Minnie Mouse, she used to go after our cats and they didn't seem to mind but I found it all disgusting and taught her that was a no-no. All our cats and dogs have been spayed or neutered so I don't know what her trip was. She is smart and a quick learner so we have no more of those shenanigans going on around here now. She still chases the cats when they decide to run and sometimes they chase her but that is all that goes on. As for Manny Pacquiao, I disagree with him.

Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

It's an interesting area for debate but I do generally accept that animals, insects and in fact most living organisms can exhibit some form of same sex behaviour, exactly what the purpose of it is, is a different matter, it can evidently be for many reasons other than simply sexual.

One fact is that Homophobia is only present in the human species, which in itself is interesting, but as far as I am concerned homophobia is not something I suffer from, so I have no negative feelings to the gay world at all, in fact some of the nicest most together and tolerant people I know are gay.

An interesting National Geographic article here

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

It is also a common theory in the world of Psychology, that homophobia can be grounded in a fear of latent homosexual feelings within oneself, we all have some aspects of the other gender within us.

Ruby Begonia and Linda Binning like this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Chipper! What are you thinking, doggie?:eek: You are not a cat! But hey, love the one you're with I guess :cool:

Linda Binning and Yvonne Smith like this.