Manned Mission To Moon.... Soon.

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Richard Whiting, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Space X, a private company owned by Elon Musk, will be landing a manned mission to the moon in 2025. It will contain the 1st female and the 1st person of color to land on the moon.

Last year, 2022, Space X flew 61 successful space missions.

There are, of course, quite a few test missions before we return to the moon. This month, Feb 2023, Space X's Falcon Heavy (the biggest, most powerful rocket ever developed) will be launched and dock with the International Space Station, which of course, they have done several times before.

It is still not known what date Space X will be sending a manned mission to Mars.
    The avowed goal of Elon Musk to develop a PERMANENTLY manned Mars station.
    It has already been determined that usable ice (H2O)
    is readily available on Mars. That, my friends is HUGE .

PS: There are only 4 groups which have send men into space. The USA, Russia, China, and Elon Musk

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'd like to nominate Kamala Harris.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Musk needs to round up a transvestite, an illegal alien, a lesbian, and a couple of pedophiles to go, too. "All must be represented".

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

That would all be accomplished more efficiently if he could find them all in one person and, since that one person would likely be someone we don't need on this planet anyhow, I'd be in favor.

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Richard Whiting

Registered

Hmm. No interest in a return to the moon ? Or, a permanently manned colony on Mars ?
    Personally, I find both to be quite exiting. In my opinion, we are living in a new dawn for mankind because, just like Columbus, we are opening up new worlds and there will be opportunities guaranteeing the survival of mankind.

Most people never realize that there are numerous ways that mankind can become extinct due to naturally occurring events that could destroy earth such as the eruption of monumental volcano eruptions or earth ending asteroids. For example, Yellowstone National Park is sitting atop a dormant volcano with a crater 35 KILOMETERS across. It is not a matter of IF , but WHEN it will explode again. The Yellowstone volcano is so huge that when it explodes again, the entire continent of North America will be obliterated and it will put so much ash into the atmosphere that the entire world would enter another ice age.

70,000 years ago, Toba volcano erupted and whiped out most of mankind , creating a genetic bottleneck.

On May 20th, 1883, Krakotoa volcano erupted and put so much ash into the atmosphere that 1884 it nearly started a new ice age. 1884 was known as a year without a summer. That "summer" it snowed in July and August in NEW ENGLAND.

No need to tell anyone what happened 65 million years ago when a massive asteroid struck earth and wiped out 95% of all animal species, including the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Also, we need to do it before China decides to establish problematic claims. China’s space program doesn’t get much attention but they have their very own space station and they went at it pretty much alone. They also successfully landed and operated a remote rover on Mars, on their first try. Launching from the moon, be it mined ores or space craft, is much easier in terms of fuel payload. Even if we don’t want to be there, we most likely need to be there.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Metoo, one -way ticket only ;) Can we nominate obama for the male while we're at it??

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I still believe people who are bored with all their money could learn to be better stewards of their bucks and spend it on our issues on planet Earth. Cancer for example?? The list goes on and on.

9. Richard Whiting

Registered

I have long since forgotten the name of the treaty, but there is a treaty that forbids any country from claiming any space territory as their own. Nor do I recall if China is a signatory.

10. Ken Anderson

That would probably be the Outer Space Treaty. About a hundred countries have signed onto it, but probably not China. Here's the Wikipedia article on it, and, according to that, China has signed on, as has North Korea. Of course, treaties are only good as long as they can be enforced.

Thomas Windom and Shirley Martin like this.