Manchurian Candidate

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Martin, I could not agree more. One analyst said, "If you believe a mediocre Senator with limited experience and no economic experience became President on his own, you are wrong." Obama's election never made sense to me. People who supposedly graduated from college and law school in the same class as him never heard of him. Allegedly, he appears in no yearbooks or photos after high school (although I have not verified this), and his personal history makes no sense. His medical records and academic records (if they even exist) have been sealed since before he ran for the White House. There was long debate concerning his birth records, and a certificate was produced after 7 years of controversy which is still suspected of being forged. He supposed was conceived in Kenya, born in Hawaii, raised through his early years in Indonesia, and attended high school in Hawaii. Does that seem real? He certainly fits the "Manchurian Candidate" mold, and most of his associates in Illinois were avowed Communists and terrorist from the Vietnam era. Any critics were shouted down and called names to suppress criticism.

Frank Sanoica and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Agreed. Something was very wrong.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Snopes, while generally reliable, has been exposed as a liberal instrument. You could get into Harvard Law by attending any number of undergraduate colleges. Columbia is not required. The fact that his academic records are sealed alone raises suspicions about his record, the most credible is that he attended as a "foreign student", thus qualifying for financial assistance not available to domestic attendees.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Oh, I am not saying that I buy into the entire Obama conspiracy but there doesn't seem any doubt to me that something is wrong. How could a junior senator, with few accomplishments, be elected president with almost no vetting whatsoever, and then serve eight years in which any question of anything surrounding him was met with attacks from both political parties and the media?

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Whoever he was that people didn't like, whatever he did that provoked the white masses, l liked this manchurin candidate if you want to call him that. I admired the man, still do.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The first thing he did was to seal his past so no one knows anything about him. Professors in the universities he attended don't remember him

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

That's okay. I have some things I ’ve sealed off too and hope no one ever finds out. No one is completely above reproach. I like Canada's Trudeau and I'm beginning to like Trump a little.

10. Ken Anderson

11. Bill Boggs

Registered

I like that he gave a glimmer of hope to a people we have repressed since we unloaded them off slave ships in this country. I like that he was respected by most of our allies.. He gave hope to minorities in this country. We're going to have to live with minorities. They are the majority in California and will be all across the country in years to come. We need to learn how to get along with others and quit being trouble makers. For a little while President Obama helped us do that by bringing it to our attention.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He was liked by our "allies" because he conceded everything they asked--no bargaining and nothing asked in return for concessions. Minorities, particularly Blacks, did more poorly under Obama than under any recent President. They are doing spectacularly well under Trump. We'll see how they vote in the fall elections.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Thank you for your answer, @Bill Boggs. Of course, I see it much differently. As I view it, race relations worsened considerably under Obama, as did opportunities for black people in the United States. Until the election of Barack Obama, we hadn't seen much in the way of racial unrest for quite some time, but Black Lives Matter began during the Obama Administration, as did a flurry of hatred from both sides. At this point, black voters are so habituated to vote Democrat that the Democrats will probably get a clear majority of the black vote in the midterms and the 2020 presidential election, but I think that the Republicans will get a larger percentage of the black vote than in previous years. I would think that black people might be starting to feel as if they are back in the back of the bus now, as the Democrats are putting illegal aliens first. As it was, Trump got a larger portion of the black vote than either Romney or McCain had. Of course, they were running against our first black president.

Martin Alonzo and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

However we see Obama's presidency, I thought his election was a refreshing change of pace. I much preferred Obama to either of the Clintons. How much good or how much bad Obama did, I'll leave to history. I'm not trying to prove I'm right and you're wrong. Was just trying to answer your question. I don't know that race relations got any worse, they were more out in the open, discussed more. Race relations were never good, some were forced to tolerate each other, opinions hid, I think, behind hypocrisy and fear.

15. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Speaking of "The Manchurian Candidate", did any of you see the movie?

I have 2 versions of it: 1962, with Laurence Harvey, and 2004 with Denzel Washington.

Chinese Communist Brainwashing of American prisoners.

Hal