Mall Mini-shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bill Boggs, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Thought we had a mini-shooting in an OKC mall but there was only four shots in the food court,
    according to witnesses. Two individuals had a disagreement of some kind. One shot the other in the chest, people scrambled and the shooter ran off. Large police presence and police are searching the mall and only allowing people to funnel out one entrance. All entrances to mall blocked off. Local tv making a big deal
    out of nothing it looks like.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

So, this is how some of the younger generation solve their "disagreements"...…….pull out a gun and shoot. Have to wonder "what the heck is going on in society today???"

3. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

It's sad how life has become so cheap. Here in Britain gun crime is not large scale because we have a total ban, but like drugs you can buy them. We use knives to rob people of their few years on this earth. Most of it involves drug gangs but many innocent people are caught up in the violence.
    Could it be overpopulation? they say many rats in a bucket will fight to the death.
    Just after WW2 you could easily get hold of German pistols from returning soldiers. To own a shotgun you just bought a licence from the the Post Office for ten shillings; I had two.
    People used them to kill rodents not people, things have gone mad.

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Any gun shooting is a major problem and it makes us all nervous about going to malls, or even getting involved in a crowded place. Soon we will all stay at home. Most of those, if not all with guns, have obtained them through illegal means. Getting just as bad with stabbings.

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think someone getting shot in the chest at a mall is nothing, @Bill Boggs . If I was there, it would scare me to death. Suppose the shooter is still in the mall and decides to shoot somebody else? They probably blocked all the entrances except one in order to catch the shooter. If he was still there, he would had to have gone out that entrance. Or maybe they wanted to talk to people to see who might have witnessed the shooting.

6. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Another shooting in Vancouver 14 year old buy was killed in a targeted hit a few days ago along with a 19 year old in a separate incident for a country that guns laws are so restrictive these gangs have no problem getting guns I cant even go to my local Canadian tire store and buy a bee bee gun without asking a clerk since the are kept under lock and key

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m sorry Cody but I did not read anything in the OP that mentions the age of the individuals involved. It could just as well have been two boomers arguing about who they voted for.
    Assumptions never end well.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This is why Americans supporting our 2nd Amendment will never stop doing so. Criminals will ALWAYS have guns, so why shouldn't law-abiding citizens be able to protect ourselves?

Bobby Cole and Herb Durant like this.