Making A " She Shed "

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Lilly Smith, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Those are adorable! I have a few tangled messes like that here and I've done the same, simply cut out what I needed. I'm considering tossing a few, since I'll probably never get them untangled, and some are starting to fray from the tangles. Thankfully, most of my supplies are pretty well organized, but not quite all are ;).

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  2. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Active Member
    Registered

I love this idea! I do not really have a designated place to do my craft work. I have always wanted an area and I have to say I love the shelf idea, how smart! About the closest I have come is to sort the beads into containers and segregate my yarn work in small totes. For the most part I only do yarn work in the winter, usually in my bed before I sleep. It is so relaxing and helps me wind down.

I think it is a good idea to have a crafting goal. I try to make at least six pairs of socks and one other knitted piece over winter. I work in-between on needle point and other sewing projects. One of my goals was to purchase a large L shaped desk. I did that last year and I am in the progress of building an area where I can not only do stuff like pay bills and use the computer, but have an area where I can sit and read or work on projects. A she-shed sounds like the ticket!

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That sounds perfect, and is about where I'm hoping to end up, whether in a small fixed house or mobile, I'm not sure. It'll be a while before I'm able to do that, but the thought of it keeps me going.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:oops:Good idea she-shed's are sometimes necessary especially if you like to craft! We don't have the room in a small apt. t have a she-shed, so I guess improvising to have a small corner of the apt. for a she-shed will have to do if I wanted one. If you have your own home you can build a little she-shed I suppose.