Make Sure You Have The Right Email Address

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Sheldon Scott, May 9, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

This has been around awhile but I like it.

[​IMG]

Pat Baker likes this.
  2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott, that is too funny. I can imagine the surprise of the woman who got the email. Especially after reading the P.S. No wonder she fainted!! Thanks for posting. You made me laugh - and I'm a firm believer that you should laugh at least once every day.

3. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Always advisable to make that extra little check. A few years ago, I sent an email to my partner saying that I would meet her at the main station in Edinburgh at five o'clock. Unfortunately, I inadvertently sent the email to a woman who worked for the same company as me (she had exactly the same name as my partner), though in a completely different place (she worked in Galway in Ireland). Luckily, the recipient evidently had a sense of humour and replied that it was very nice of me to offer, but she didn't think she'd be able to make it to Scotland inside half an hour.

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have heard this story before and still find it funny to read. To think this is acutally based on a true story this really happened. I can just imagine how the widow felt reading that email. Its definitely a story to remind us all to double check our email addresses before sending something out. Just having one letter or in some cases numbers wrong in the address can lead to well something like this happening. I guess email is like a phone number its easy to get the wrong email address and the wrong person if you aren't careful to double check what you are doing.

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That poor woman, she was probably saying to herself, no way am I coming this soon. Very funny, thanks for that good laugh.