Mail Problem Again!

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 3, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    Trouble is, so much haphazard derog has happened with our mail, we are convinced the deliverer cannot read!
    Frank

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

As to the mail being left on top of the box, call your local PO,ask to speak to the "Carrier Supervisor", describe the situation. You should do this before ten AM while the carriers are still in the office.
    As to the parcel being crammed in the box? Would you rather get a pink slip asking you to come in and pick it up? Officially,if it does not fit in your receptacle the Carrier is obligated only to leave notice on it.
    The Post Office takes a lot of unsubstantiated abuse. Granted some is warranted,but an awful lot of it is misunderstanding of what the PO's actual responsibility is. The PO is like any other group, some employees excell and always go the extra mile,others show up and suck oxygen.

3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Patsy .. I was actually addressing Cody in that he said he went to the office and spoke with the manager (assistant manager) in the same line he mentioned his complex.

An apartment manager can do nothing about the problem and this very serious issue needs to be taken up with the post office.

I'm sorry if you thought I was challenging your comments .. not at all .. they are spot on.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Maggie Mae - not at all, just got meself a bit confused, but as you say an appt manager will do nothing :)
    I complained to the manager at the PO sorting office with very good results

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, like some other jobs, the place will protect their employees and the post office isn't any different. After making a complaint, and not seeing anything done about AND having the same thing happen again, a person will think...….."just have to put up with it and hope it doesn't happen again."

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, I'd PREFER that he use the setup provided; there is a large parcel lock box on the mailbox pods. In the past, the carrier would place a large package in the lockup and leave the key in my mailbox.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Registered

How many parcel lockers are there? In my experience I found that trailer parks and apartment complexes ignored the PO's recommendation as to the ratio of lockers to boxes. Always ran out of lockers before boxes,but then again I went the extra mile and delivered to the trailer home. Apartments were out of luck as there was normally no access to the residences.
    I imagine the situation has worsened in the seven years I have been retired,what with the onslaught of E-commerce.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Both times, either our regular mailman or his relief took the outgoing mail of the Outgoing Mail Box and laid it on top of the Parcel Boxes which are large boxes next to the regular mail boxes. That was where I found this outgoing mail twice. The mailman or his relief simply forgot that mail and left without it.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

If you are replying to me, I don't live in a trailer park or an apartment complex. I live in a single-family home in a residential neighborhood, where I suppose it was decided to put mailboxes in a cluster instead of inconveniencing the mail carrier and having mailboxes on each house. :rolleyes: I have no idea how many large parcel boxes there are on each "pod"; I've never checked.

10. Peter Renfro

Registered

Beth, You sound kind of angry. Trust me the carrier does not want to deliver to those cluster boxes,and the carrier does not find it inconvenient to deliver to the house.. Management prohibits him or her from doing so in the name of efficiency
    You must live in a fairly new development not to have door to door. The carriers union fought that cluster box system to no avail. Now if you had existing service to your door they shouldn't have changed it. However the PO bull shitted many into letting them move their delivery point. Their own rules state that once a delivery point has been established that it cannot be changed. This rule was propagated to prevent the customer from moving their mail box, but it works both ways. They cannot deny service to an existing delivery point!

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Nope; not angry. (Just basically a cranky ole' lady. :D) And we've had the pods since our house was built in 1994. Interesting info about how the system came to be and how it can't be changed. Thanks.