Magnesium Oil

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Terry Page, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been using the Magnesium oil with Aloe vera mix (the aloe vera prevents itching) for several days now. I started with it just on the soles of my feet because that's where there are no sebaceous glands there and the oil is much more easily absorbed into the skin..

I sprayed 8 sprays on each foot...and then about 30 minutes later I had my shower (by the way you don't have to shower it off if you don't want to) ...this was early evening. I was looking forward to a good sleep after reading all the info about it helping you sleep...that didn't happen, in fact the opposite happened and I couldn't sleep barely at all. very disappointed the next morning at not getting enough sleep, but oddly not exhausted as I would normally be after so little sleep... I decided to instead, use the Mag Oil with Aloe vera on my feet in the morning instead of the evening...and also this time to spray it onto just one sore area of my body rather than all areas...so I sprayed it onto my hips and feet. This time I didn't shower until later in the evening, and I slept that night normally.

This morning I have applied it again to the soles of my feet , also my hips and thighs and knees...and again, much more energetic..and for the first time today I feel much less pain in my hips and thighs. This is amazing for me because I have been in real pain for a long time, and as I'm on my feet for anything up to 11 hours a day at work, it looks like it may help enormously.

I was sceptical at first I must admit...but fingers crossed it seems to be working, but like @Yvonne Smith advises, I took it slowly and just tried one part of my body at a time to give myself time to get used to it.

I have yet to spray it onto my lumber region where the pain is constant due to a double herniated disc... but I will continue for another few days using it on my hips legs and feet...and then I will test it on my back... I just don't want to overdo things all at once in case of any adverse reactions which could potentially cause me to lose time from work....but so far so good, I give it the thumbs up.

Oh and btw the e-book states that it's also good to spray on your hair before shampooing to promote strength and thickness, I'm not sure how that would work tbh, because the hair has sebaceous glands...but it might be worth trying.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes - that's why I can't use it on the feet

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad to hear you are feeling some relief from pain with the oil @Holly Saunders.:) My spray bottle of the magnesium oil came in a few days ago but I am not going to try that until I am sure what the coconut oil is doing...or not doing.

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm also using the coconut oil too babs, I've been using that for a few days longer than the Mag oil..and I'm using it in the same way as you because I have a coconut intolerance so I'm having to be a bit careful...so I started off by using one teaspoon per every other day in cooking and now I'm using 1 and a half teaspoons per every other day . I've noticed a new alertness, but on the flip side there's also been more urgent bathroom visits ( although not thus far intolerable)......but again that could be down to my own bodies' aversion to the coconut itself... however usually with my coconut ''allergy' it causes stomach cramps, and I've not had any of that..yet anyway!!...

So far I've ingested the coconut by using it in scrambled egg... also melted and then added to a protein smoothie and also oatmeal in the morning on different days and it's been easy to take.

I did find it too overpowering and sickeningly sweet when I tried it in coffee tho' ...

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm following my drs advice and just taking vitamin D, he said I don't need to take anything else....I specifically asked him last visit.

If I gain weight in the future and need to lose I'll do coconut oil again.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to put my coconut oil in my breakfast smoothies...mine for some reason is not staying "chunky" in my smoothie but is blending with everything else just fine without me having to liquify it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

The magnesium oil didn't improve my sleep which was my original reason for trying it, though it has indirectly because I have a lot more energy and drive these days, and so am doing a lot more physical work than I used to, so the resulting tiredness at the end of the day is giving me a better nights sleep.

I use the oil once a day on the soles of my feet and find I have a constant flow of energy all day, plus an elevated mood, difficult to explain, but my mind feels younger and more alive and happy somehow..

I have been taking the coconut oil in hot chocolate (it's like drinking liquid bounty bars) ;).... and cooking with it, because I believe it is the best oil for general use, I am not sure what effect it is having on me, but since starting it a few weeks ago my mind is now much clearer and very sharp, though this could be the magnesium oil or just the placebo effect.....who knows...:confused:

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It might be that your smoothies are not as cold as what I was trying to make with the coconut oil last summer. I was making iced coffee latte, and it had lots of ice cubes in it.
    If I had just made the latte and blended in the coconut oil before adding the ice cubes, then it might have worked out okay. But, not really knowing what I was doing, I just added a blob of the coco oil into my iced coffee mixture, and blended the whole thing. It still tasted fine; but there was all of these teeny-tiny bits of the coconut oil when I drank it.
    What I will probably do this summer is either make it with the oil that stays liquid, or I will blend it in while the coffee is still warming, and then add all of the ice and blend it again.
    I really, really love the iced coffee latte in the summer, and with some protein powder added, it even makes a pretty decent light meal substitute.
    I think that since most of us here who have been taking the coconut oil each day for a while are feeling more clear-headed, that it is probably not a placebo effect, @Terry Page . Since energizing the brain is part of what the MCT oils are supposed to do, it only makes sense to me that it is probably truly helping to do that.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't put any ice cube in my breakfast smoothies @Yvonne Smith so maybe that does make the difference. My almond milk is cold, so is the yogurt and frozen strawberries and blueberries I add...also I put my bananas in the fridge so they are cold too. The only thing close to the coldness of ice cubes would be the frozen strawberries and blueberries. This doesn't seem to bother the solid coconut oil though and in these things there is a smooth blend of everything.:)

There is one more change I am noticing...my legs are not hurting at night when I try to go to sleep anymore. Many nights my calves down to my toes would have aching pain, etc. and it would be hard to fall asleep because of this. I have not been noticing that "pain" since a few days after I starting taking the coconut oil.:)

10. Terry Page

Registered

It is into the third month of using magnesium oil now, so I will sum up my experiences of it......... I can say that it has changed my metabolism drastically, and given me a lot more continuous energy, plus the 15lbs I have lost since starting using it, I don't appear to put back on, despite how much I eat these days.
    It also lifts my mood quite a bit, so I am happier and experience virtually no anxiety these days.
    The original reason for trying it was to improve sleep, which it hasn't done, nor has it lowered my blood pressure as far as I can tell.
    I stopped taking it for a several days on three occasions, and each time the energy and mood started to fall, so it does seem to be the reason for the changes I am experiencing.

My daughter Caroline has been taking it for a couple of weeks, and without my prompting her, described the same increased energy and lifting of mood. My other daughter Cathy has changed noticeably in her mood but not any increase in energy, which she did have plenty of anyway.
    Lisa has been taking it for a week and hasn't noticed any effect so far, but it's still early days, and maybe she isn't deficient anyway.

Both my daughters have passed the word on to fellow nurses and a couple of doctors, who are all now using it, some together with Kefir, which has produced some amazing results in curing skin problems especially Eczema and Psoriasis... I think including my family there are some 20 people on magnesium now, so will update if I get any more results

I make my own magnesium oil these days from Magnesium Chloride crystals, which is much cheaper...

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Terry Page I'm glad to hear you are having such success with the magnesium oil and have passed this "good news" on to others it has helped too.

I'm enjoying my positive results with the coconut oil too. :)

Terry Page likes this.
  12. Terry Page

Registered

I have coconut oil as well which I cook with @Babs Hunt I add a spoonful to a hot chocolate most days as a treat, I don't notice any benefits such as extra energy and don't suffer from any pain anyway, but I guess the magnesium already covers that, I also use it for my skin and hair where it works well...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Terry Page
    What prompted you to use the oil on the soles of your feet? Have you tried using it elsewhere? I am not being facetious here; for I apply an "ointment" comprised of Minoxidil, Hydrocortisone, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Baby Lotion, mostly all over, but not on my soles, and have experienced beneficial results of lessened irritation and itching, due to Arthritic Psoriasis.

By "all over", I exclude my scalp, face, ears, and back. The Psoriasis has not shown up on any of those areas. Might perhaps bathing in a solution of Magnesium Oil be beneficial?
    Frank

Terry Page likes this.
  14. Terry Page

Registered

It's the only part of the body apart from the hands lacking sebaceous glands @Frank Sanoica, so the transdermal effect works more efficiently, because of the lack of the protective coating secreted over the rest of the body. You can put it anywhere but it will be slower and generally less will be absorbed.

Oils Delivered Faster Through The Bottom of your Feet
    The pores are thicker on the sole of the foot and our legs act like straws sucking up the compounds quickly into the bloodstream. If applied all over the bottom of the foot, the oil can be detected in every cell of the body within 20 minutes!

The soles of the feet and the palms of the hand are the only sites on our body without Sebaceous Glands.
    Since Sebum is an oily substance it would actually further “shield” the body from absorption of anything. Since the palms and the soles do not secrete sebum, they are more ready to absorb oil.

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry Page likes this.