Magnesium Oil

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Terry Page, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

The magnesium oil can take up to a month to adjust your body levels @Patsy Faye , it may be worth persisting for a while, or are you getting side effects........ I bought some Magnesium Chloride flakes yesterday from Amazon which you simply add to boiled water 1:1 , it's much cheaper way to make it yourself and the same end product. You can add the flakes to a foot bath or bath, they are just a bit more effective than Magnesium Sulfate (epsom salts).

I will start using the coconut oil today and see how I get on with it.............that's Kefir, Buckwheat, Magnesium oil and now Coconut oil I am taking now,.... I should live to be 150 [​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

All I can say is if you experienced nerve damage at a 'severe' level you would do everything possible
    to avoid it. I Am so restricted with it and the Spring through Summer heightens it.
    I can't take pressure on the body, so getting comfortable is a problem. Standing on burning hot needles
    is what it feels like - it is horrendous. Even putting my feet on a cushion, is hell. I used to have frozen gel bags under my feet when sitting, but this caused other problems and I would heat them up far too quickly anyway.
    So taking the mag oil immediately brought this on, whereas it is usually
    lessened in colder weather. No sleep whilst trying the oil because of this.
    I understand things can take time, but it really was not an option for me :)

@Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Registered

So sorry to hear about that @Patsy Faye I can only imagine the pain you must endure, as you say sadly magnesium oil is not for you....:(

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

My daughter Cathy, the one I live with has noticed such a difference in my energy levels, and general shift in personality (I am a lot happier, unbearably so at times), that she has decided to try the magnesium oil spray ......this will be interesting because being a nurse, she is generally sceptical of all my alternative ideas [​IMG] so it will be a more unbiased opinion, me being a sucker for the placebo effect [​IMG] ........I will let you know how she gets on....

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

You've tempted me to try again Terry ........... Maybe I shouldn't have used the oil so near to bedtime
    What time do you apply ?

@Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Registered

I had been using it twice a day morning and evening, but only do it in the evening now, because it's supposed to help you sleep, I would be careful though Patsy after your last bad reaction...:(

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

I might try the arms in the morning - trust me to get the one that helps with sleep
    I could be dozing at the computer tomorrow ! Oh and its laundry day too tomorrow !
    That'll be interesting :p
    If it reacts as it did, then I will give up - one more try ................:)

@Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope it works for you, Patsy. Except for lower back pain I really don't have any issues and my health is the best it's been, mentally and physically and I'm not doing anything different, it's just that all the stresses of my horrid summer are over and it's smooth sailing. Starting with my mothers death in June and the rats and the A/C dying in 110 temps just put me over the edge, then that abnormal ekg reading which turned out to be my normal...too much in a short period. Only dark cloud still is I still miss my mom terribly. :(

Also a relief to know all is well with me health wise after all my wellness tests for Medicare. My weight is fine even though my dr says I'm skinny...I'm not. I'm average in my opinion and according to charts.

Even my vitamin D levels are normal now but I'm continuing taking the D and that's the only supplement I take and my dr says that's fine...I asked him if I should be taking anything else and he said no.

Anyway, maybe it will work for you on your arm, it's worth a try!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Maybe if you start with just a small amount this time, and see what happens, and then increase if all goes well, @Patsy Faye ?
    Some things will cause a detox reaction in our bodies, and when it flushes out the poisons we have accumulated, then it can make us sick until the poisons are all flushed out. I don't know if that happens with magnesium or not, but it might be what happened.
    I think that this is what happened with @Ina I. Wonder when she tried drinking the fresh kefir; because she said it made her sick, and gave her diarrhea , both of which are heavy signs that the body is flushing out toxins.
    When you start with just a little, then it removes the toxins a little at a time, and you won't be as likely to feel the effects of them being flushed out of your system.
    However, there is also a possibility of an allergic reaction to the magnesium, and that might be what happened to you before when you tried it. Here are what they list as symptoms of an allergic reaction to magnesium:
    "Symptoms such as a rash, hives, and itching indicate you are severely allergic to magnesium. Other allergic reaction symptoms include difficulty breathing and chest tightening, and swelling in your mouth, face, lips or tongue."
    Here is another article that explains more about how it works, as well as the benefits and possible side effects and what would cause them. I believe this will interest you also.
    http://themagnesiumperfection.com/75/magnesium-oil-dangers-and-side-effects/

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thanks for that Yvonne, a very small amount for me :p
    Also, think I'd better use it on the Monday - no laundry duty :D

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Despite a good nights sleep I felt tired all day yesterday, and feeling quite low meant finishing off Oliver's room was a struggle, much lower energy.:(
    I had been off the magnesium for three days now, (because of too much energy), so in case that is the reason for the fall off in energy, I sprayed on a double dose.last night and it seems to have done the trick as I feel much better again today so far...;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Terry Page It seems the mag oil is a good option for you Terry

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

I ordered a spray bottle of the magnesium oil from Amazon, and I am also going to try it on my feet and see what happens. Even though we always take a magnesium supplement; if it has a low absorption rate, then the magnesium oil should help. I remember sleeping well and feeling better after soaking my feet in the hot Epsom salts water, and I am hoping that the spray will also have good benefits for my body.
    If it works okay on my feet, then I will try spraying some on the bad knee and see if it can help that as well.

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - the feet may not be a good option for you, temperamental are feet :rolleyes:
    I'd say yer knee is a better option, been using it on me back an hour before bed, so far OK :)

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

I put some on about an hour ago, and no problems, so far. I will put on more before i go to bed tonight, and see how it does as far as sleeping in concerned. I usually do not have any trouble going to sleep right away anyway, but I do have strange dreams sometimes.
    The little pdf booklet mentioned feet because of the nerve endings we have there for all over our body; so that seemed like a good place to start out with.

Terry Page likes this.