Magnesium Oil

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Terry Page, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am starting this thread on my experience with using Magnesium oil, which I started using for some 10 days ago, I think I mentioned it on another thread somewhere....

I only came across it recently through reading it could help you sleep, so I thought I would give it a try, .............nothing much happened for the first couple of days apart from oily feet, because you apply it on the soles of your feet for the best absorption.....I had an improvement in my sleep pattern by the third night and didn't need to get up to go to the toilet. I also noticed my body relaxed in a different way before falling asleep, and I stopped dreaming completely, or at least don't recall any dreams.

By the end of the first week I felt emotionally different and Lisa said I started behaving like I did some 10 years ago, with more drive and energy.

I then decided to start reading a bit more about the effects of magnesium and found it affects many systems in the body and is a very important mineral, plus the majority of us are deficient in it.

It is still early days and I am on holiday/vacation now so it's not a good time to give a true verdict, so will post more as time goes by, but certainly an interesting experience so far.

Magnesium is an essential mineral required by the body for maintaining normal muscle and nerve function, keeping a healthy immune system, maintaining heart rhythm, and building strong bones. Magnesium is also involved in at least 300 biochemical reactions in the body. A deficiency in magnesium can lead to muscle spasms, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety disorders, migraines, osteoporosis, and cerebral infarction.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Just looking at the options Terry
    Although this says for sensitive skin, people say it stings ................
    Magnesium oil

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Registered

One of the signs that you are deficient is that it can sting @Patsy Faye but it doesn't on me, so I thought I was OK, but we are all different l guess. It's worth a try in my opinion, unless the stinging is really bad of course.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes - I think its worth a try too - is that the one you bought ?

Terry Page likes this.
  5. Terry Page

Registered

No @Patsy Faye I used this one from Amazon https://is.gd/Qb4q1F You can make it from Magnesium Chloride boiling it down with distilled water, it becomes sticky but it's not really an oil. The one you quoted looks OK though..

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Interesting.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

A similar Magnesium-containing compound is known commony as "Epsom Salts". Magnesium Sulphate. MgSO4.7H2O. My Grandpa used it as a laxative. Many toss some in their bath water. That stuff is even inhaled in mist to help Asthma patients. I heard about 3 months ago that Magnesium is vital to good body-health, and that deficiency of it in adults runs high. The most readily absorbed compound is said to be Magnesium Citrate. I ordered some, and we take a capsule daily.
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I've ordered the one I had the link too Terry :)

Terry Page likes this.
  9. Terry Page

Registered

I hope it works for you Patsy, here is link to the PDF book which they send you by email after the order LINK

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

I found the guide very helpful, I hope it helps me, I'm concerned the nerve damage will be
    aggravated by it though. I hope not as I'd like to persevere with it. Maybe, if that happens, I could dilute it
    Will let you know how it goes Terry :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Got me oil today Terry, will try it tonight :)
    @Terry Page

Yvonne Smith and Terry Page like this.
  12. Terry Page

Registered

Great hope it works @Patsy Faye :) ....though it may not be instant of course, it was a few days before I had any real changes...

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh yes - not expecting it to work right away, just hope it agrees with me. If its not too bad in that way
    I'll persevere :)

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi Terry - used the oil 'cautiously' on lower legs
    As it was so cold here, I put an extra cover on the bed. I did manage to sleep within minutes but
    2 hours later I awoke to horrendous burning pins and needles. Not blaming the oil, as this is the situation for me
    Will have to see if the oil will have an affect on this for the better. Tonight, I'll use a bit more :)

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Terry Page

Registered

Sorry to hear about that @Patsy Faye are you saying it's not a reaction to the oil but a condition you have regarding nerves? I know some people do get skin reactions to the oil but they usually fade. I hope it helps with your sleep tonight [​IMG]