Magazine, Newspaper Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Have not took any subscriptions in um 25 years! Only time I need that much useless paper is when I am moving:)

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

ahhh well, we only have 2 doctors' waiting rooms ...so that's where the magazines go. ..:)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I forgot that I use to get Western Horseman also. Back then, I was a member of AQHA, when I had my Red Roan Quarter Horse/rope horse. I remember being in a Feed & Tack store and glancing at Horse & Rider.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Darn, I forgot that we use to get Pro Rodeo News from PRCA, when we lived in So California and Colorado. With our AARP membership, we get their magazine as well.

Still have some old Pro Rodeo News and keep all of our Farm & Ranch magazines, new and old ones. Fun to look thru and think "that could have been me on that horse somewhere in Wyoming or Montana herding cattle or doctoring."

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Can you post a picture of your red roan, @Cody Fousnaugh ?
    Roans are one of my favorite horse colors because they change with the season. One of my most unique horses was a Sabino red roan Peruvian Paso.
    He had the smoothest gait ever, and part of the year he would be almost pure white with the dark mane and tail, and then he would turn into almost a bay, with very little white , except for the face, legs and belly that made him a sabino.

Since your Quarter horse was AQHA, what bloodlines was he from ?
    I had mostly Arabians and Peruvians, and the only quarter horse we had was from racing Quarter Horse bloodlines, Tic Tac Dough (Thoroughbred).

I don’t have a picture of my Sabino roan, but here is a Paso Fino, which is very similar to the Peruvian Paso, and just about the same color as Rocco Rojo was.
    4F84392F-6AD3-450B-A581-A65F2022E1D0.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

One item I haven't taken from my bookcase in 15 years or more is my Websters Dictionary.

Hal

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I never liked magazines because they don't number the pages that are ads, or at least they didn't last time I checked. I can never find anything in them. :confused:

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We get the AARP Magazine here too but it gets shredded and composted. I don't think either of us looks at it. I wouldn't be a member, as I oppose pretty much everything about AARP, but the AARP medical plan works best for my wife right now. Although I have an Advantage Plan, not from AARP, I guess her membership covers me too. I'm not interested in the magazine, though. I generally read most of Self Reliance, and I page through Anabaptist Voice, reading whatever sounds remotely interesting. I rarely even open each issue of Backwoods Home on Kindle, and I hate that since it was my favorite magazine on paper. I like books on Kindle but magazines are too photo or image dependent, and those don't work well on Kindle.

Don Alaska likes this.