Low Carb: What Are We Eating?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Steve North, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks like I am the only one posting on here..
    I am getting the message..... !!!!!!
    I like to post as it keeps me honest with my food, but if I am the only one that is honest.............. Well ....!!!!!! .... so be it ...
    I am wondering if I should stop posting on here.....
    I can always go to my low carb forum and post there....

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not sure why you'd say you are the "only one that is honest." Perhaps you are the only one on a low carb diet. I'm not dieting but I enjoy reading your posts each day.

3. Steve North

Registered

Beth.............. When I said honest, I meant being honest in your food intake when on low carb..
    I have been on low carb for about 35 years and I have lost about 150 pounds and have kept it off for all those years..
    There is NO way I want to go back to where I was..
    I keep my daily food posted in order to make myself food honest..
    If I cheat, I am only cheating myself, ......... not you...

I will continue to post what my main meal is daily, which is supper..
    My wife is also on low carb, so I always say...... we...

Generally we don't eat lunch as we get up late.. We are night owls, not early birds..
    We don't get to bed much before 3:00am, often 4:00am..
    We usually get up around 11:00 if not noon and often later than that, have a nice breakfast and have supper..

Thanks for the encouragement ..........

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve--I enjoy your posts and I'm sure others do, too. I'm impressed that you have stayed on a low-carb WOE for 35 years! I have tried low carb in the past but I'm not good at it. The longest I was able to stay on a low-carb diet (Atkins) was about 2 months back in the 1990s, and my hair started to fall out. I did lose the 13 pounds I wanted to lose, but 4 of those pounds were my hair. :D Also I would have mugged someone for a slice of bread and I got to the point where the sight of an egg made me nauseous. We all must know our limitations!! ;)

5. Steve North

Registered

Beth............. That's OK.... As long as you are happy, .............. who cares....
    I am also on the Atkins version of low carb..
    There are literally thousands of different interesting and easy recipes to follow on low carb.. I posted a few different recipe sites on this forum in the recipe thread.. check some of them out and you will be pleasantly surprised...
    Also please remember that I am on maintenance which permits me to have a bit more carbs than one that has to lose pounds....

6. Steve North

Registered

Today (Saturday) I have a lot of work putting away in the freezer all the chicken I bought yesterday that was on special.
    I will be putting it in portions for us in freezer bags..
    B/S large chicken breasts were 3 to a package and I bought 10 packages... I will freeze them singularly..
    Thighs with the skin and bone in were 9 to a package and I bought 5 packages.. I will freeze 6 to a package...
    Thighs B/S were 9 to a package and I bought 6 packages... I will freeze 6 to a package..

They also had minced chicken and turkey on special but I have lots of them... Actually 450g for only $2.00 is a good price...

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We usually have one main meal each day, too. Some days, I do intermittent fasting, and on those days, one meal is about all I have; but other days, I will have a snack if I am hungry.
    Yesterday, I made chicken and broccoli with tomato and onion salad , which we put over top of the chicken.

Today, I made smothered pork chops with butternut squash and more of the tomato/onion salad, but with cucumber added this time. There is enough of everything left over that Bobby can have more of all of it if he feels hungry later.

8. Steve North

Registered

Supper tonight was spaghetti and my homemade sauce using minced chicken..
    Spaghetti squash of course..

I thought I was going to make some of the chicken I bought, but I didn't.. tomorrow I will use up aq breas and make something..
    I have NO idea what I will be making with the breast..
    I also have a HUGE variety of veggies in the fridge as well..
    Hmmm ..... maybe a stir fry using a cubed breast and some veggies.............. MAYBE !!!!

9. Steve North

Registered

A stir fry it was..... again we pigged out and ate the whole thing.....

Tonight looks like a fish night... I like to make fish at least 3 times a week...
    Tonight, some sort of unknown frozen fillets of something fish is what it will be....
    I have all the ingredients for a lovely salad, so why not...
    I haven't made a spiked pudding in a while, so pudding it will be..
    Pot of tea after a meal is just perfect.. It helps digestion and allows us to talk while in the living room... NO TV ON .......

10. Steve North

Registered

I was STUCK for supper.... I had nothing out and I had to think fast...
    I have some of my chicken burgers that I made some time ago in the freezer for just an occasion like this..
    I took out 2 burgers and also 2 bangers and I put them on the BBQ.. Even though it was -21c out, I still BBQ if there is NO wind..
    I generally BBQ all year long.. cold doesn't bother me but windy does..
    Steamed cauliflower was the veggie.. I mashed mine down and added some sour cream while my wife had hers plain..
    I took 1/2 a peach in a bowl, added some S/F vanilla pudding [that I spiked with peanut butter] and covered the peach with the pudding..
    Pot of tea...

11. Steve North

Registered

Today, Wednesday, we are off to Sudbury to do some shopping..
    Sudbury is about 125kms from our house and is the biggest city around here..
    The reason I am telling this is because I will be buying a BBQ chicken at Wallmart which is a treat to us, and we like it..
    One chicken lasts us for 2 meals...

12. Steve North

Registered

WE DIDN'T GO TO SUDBURY AS IT WAS STORMY...
    When I got up I couldn't see across the street.. That is how bad it was.. snow and high winds.. Went back to bed .......
    Stayed home..

for supper tonight I made B/S chicken breast.. cut a pocket in it and I stuffed it with veggies and cheese.. Baked it in the oven at 400f till done..

13. Steve North

Registered

Today for supper will be another of those ................. HOK ......... days....

14. Steve North

Registered

My ..... HOK ...... supper ended up being a vegetable casserole with tuna....
    Frozen blueberries with cream and splenda..
    Pot of tea...

15. Steve North

Registered

Today Saturday I will be making chicken thighs (skin and bone in) in the slow cooker..
    I will add a sauce of some sort, (not sure what yet) and perhaps some veggies as well..
    I think I would like a sauce made ...... BBQ style or something like that...
    Soy sauce, splenda brown sugar, stock, spices and herbs..
    I will steam some vegetable to go with it.. Probably some cauliflower..